add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Seattle Sewing Arts and Crafts Message Board › Girlfriends Getaway -- Hot Off the Press, Paper Wishes

Girlfriends Getaway -- Hot Off the Press, Paper Wishes

Donna H.
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 52
There is a papercrafting event at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Oregon (just a little south and east of Portland) put on by Hot Off the Press/Paper Wishes called Girlfriends Getaway. The event is on September 20th, 2014 and starts at 9:00 a.m. and lasts until 5:00 p.m. and the cost to attend is $80. You will receive a huge make-and-take package in which you will either make a layout or card, your choice, for each of the different projects they create throughout the day, a box lunch, a yummy afternoon snack and lots of chocolate treats passed out throughout the day, and there is someone on site who provides free massages throughout the day. There are huge prize giveaways throughout the day too. If you are interested in signing up, contact Lori at Be sure to put Girlfriends Getaway in the subject line. You also may call her at 503-266-9102, ext. 1016 M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Final date to sign up and pay is August 20th. This is not affiliated or sponsored by Seattle Sewing Arts and Crafts, but I attended last year and had a blast and plan on attending again this year. Only basic scrap tools such as adhesive (recommended to bring your own) paper trimmer, scissors and a small cutting mat need to be brought with you, everything else is provided by the event organizers. If you want to know more about my experience or hear more about what it was about or like, feel free to contact me.
A former member
Post #: 5
I would like more info! I've heard you talk about going to this, but didn't understand what it was!!