addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NORTHERN NEW JERSEY PUG EXTRAVAGANZA! Message Board › INDEX:BOARDING/KENNELS, PET SITTERS, DOG WALKERS, DOGGIE DAYCARE FACILITIES

INDEX:BOARDING/KENNELS, PET SITTERS, DOG WALKERS, DOGGIE DAYCARE FACILITIES & HOLISTIC VETERINARIANS

A former member
Post #: 1,440
Planning for Pet Care While You Are Away

Summer is once again upon us. Folks may be starting to plan for much needed vacations or perhaps considering that business trip. Getting away can be exciting and fun, but as far as I am concerned they are doubled-edged swords. When I am making plans for an extended excursion, my first concern are arrangements for our cats. I have to tell you it can create quite a bit of anxiety for me.

Since some pets are not overly fond of travel, especially those of the feline purrsuasion, since schedules and their regular routines fly out the window. Since travelling in a moving vehicle can be very stressful for pets, it may be a cause for concern.

So what options are open for pet parents who choose not to take their furry companions along for the trip? I prefer not to board our cats, since relegating them to cages, no matter how luxurious the space, is simply not my acceptable. Judging by the occasions when it was necessary to hospitalize them overnight at the veterinary hospital, when they both went on hunger strikes and burrowed under towels for the entire stay, this seems like a very poor alternative.

More info below...

Click below for to read the entire article:
http://www.petside.co...­
A former member
Post #: 1,558
Pet sitting prices: negotiate or not?
by Therese on October 5, 2009

in Pet Sitting, The Pet Care Biz

I know the pet sitters and dog walkers reading this will totally get this video.

Click below to watch the video:
http://www.youtube.co...­

What’s this got to do with pet sitting or dog walking?

Trying to negotiate with your pet sitter or dog walker for a lower rate is a good way to get started out on the wrong foot as a client. For the most part, the services they offer are pretty inexpensive pet care options to begin with, and trying to talk them into giving you a lower price isn’t going to go over well.

It’s definitely acceptable to ask if pet sitters offer discounts as some do offer special pricing for multiple visits per day, over 65 discounts, or other specials. But please, don’t try to talk them down like the people in the video!
A former member
Post #: 1,559
NNJPE member Barbara (Irvings Mom) told me about this Kennel in Paramus that she takes Irving to. She said He loves it there and they take good care of him. Not to mention, they have very good rates as well.

So I figured I would add this to our thread in case anyone is interested in perhaps boarding their dogs here or even leaving their dogs here for doggie daycare. Thanks for the information Barbara.

Manorcrest Boarding Kennels
(201) 444-2814
492 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652

Click below for more information and Reviews:
http://www.insiderpag...­
A former member
Post #: 1,973
Attn: NNJPE MEMBERS,

This is a sad email from our friend Eev and fellow PUG HOTEL owner....It seems that the PUG HOTEL will be closing its DOORS forever...Thanks for everything Eev and Pug HOTEL...We will miss your great puggie services!!! :(

Eev wrote:

Dear All:

Sadly, I have made the decision to close The Pug Hotel as some of my babies are very old and requiring a lot of care, we lost our dear Gizzy last October and now Benny is not doing well and Joon is starting to have some problems as well. Because a lot of you have still contacted me regarding pet boarding, I wanted to post this informative note to all of you.

I have found any amazing lovely dog sitting service run by Mother and daughter team, Lisa and Heather, they are locals here in Wappingers Falls but board from all over. They are wonderful, loving, caring and nurturing to my babies and take great care of them. They have an even better set up for boarding and will also come in and walk, stay overnight or taxi your pet where needed. Their rates are incredibly reasonable and fair. Their information is as follows: website is www.heathershealthypetscare.weebly.com and their contact info is Lisa Pensabene e-mail lisa20@optonline.net and Heather's e-mail riteshot21@gmail.com. Their phone numbers are posted on their website, you may also contact me at Eevrk@yahoo.com if you have trouble getting through.

Thanks!
Eev Rodriguez