North Shore Permaculture Group Message Board › Member Input Requested on North Shore Permaculture Group Draft Policies by Feb 5

Member Input Requested on North Shore Permaculture Group Draft Policies by Feb 5

Elizabeth
sucrame2001
Group Organizer
Newburyport, MA
Post #: 78
Hello To All -

The North Shore Permaculture Group seeks to provide a structure to link, support, collaborate with and expand the community of individuals and organizations in our area interested in learning and practicing the art of permaculture.

As many of you know, with the recent change in organizers for the North Shore Permaculture Group, we have had online discussions and a meetup to envision the future of the North Shore Permaculture Group.

We developed 3 draft documents which have been uploaded to the files section and we are asking that you review and provide input on the documents no later than February 5th.

Following are links to the documents:
Draft North Shore Permaculture Group Policies
Draft Guide to Offering a Meetup with NSPG
Draft Guide for Hosting a Meetup with NSPG

Our goal is to finalize and implement these policies by the end of February.

Thank you for your help in creating a sustainable permaculture community,
Elizabeth Marcus, Deb Carey, Cassandra Campbell
lee l.
user 13126023
Beverly, MA
Post #: 35
Feedback - my editor's eye caught a couple of things:
In Draft Policies, under Sponsorship, who should be whose
In Draft Guide for Hosting...#6 is two incomplete sentences; combine them.

Also, the distinction between events offered by members for which 10% of proceeds is due to NSPG and those events offered by area non-profits that will be posted on a case-by-case basis. Are the latter subject to 10% fees to NSPG if posted?

Otherwise, it all sounds good and well thought out.
John P.
user 14525588
Dover, NH
Post #: 41
Looks good without being too complicated! Nice!
Iris W.
HerbIris
Wenham, MA
Post #: 102
Hi, the policies look fine.

For the classes I offer, while I think they fit into the permaculture umbrella, it's too complicated to do all those things in my classes, especially as I publicize my classes in a number of places. I would be happy to publicize my classes in a marketplace, if we have one.

I am also happy to offer classes specifically for this group.
Erin S.
user 10226383
Newburyport, MA
Post #: 1
Thanks Elizabeth, Deb and Cassandra for your efforts in putting together these policies.
A suggested annual membership of $10 for Meetup members sounds like a good way to support and grow our Meetup. I also agree that if events being advertised are for a fee then there should be some compensation given to the Meetup. As for fee for listing a meetup group, if the event is only targeting Meet up members that a 10% fee seems reasonable. If the Meet up is advertised in other venues and only a portion of the participants are from the NSP meetup than a fee based on the cost of the workshop would make more sense. Perhaps $5 for up to $25 and $10 dollars above? I also would be happy to pay into the market place option but more money would be generated by charging for promoting workshops that have fees.
Thanks,

Erin