Not So Serious Running Group Message Board › Not So Serious Running Group - One month in, let's keep it up!

Not So Serious Running Group - One month in, let's keep it up!

Bryan M.
bemayor
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hey all! It's been about a month now since I started this group, and I've meet some cool people as well as pushed my running way up from barely 2 miles to now running 3-6.  I'd like to hopefully get some momentum going for the group before we get into winter - hope to see some of you out there soon!
I wanted to point out three quick things:
- Remember that you are encouraged to take the reigns and schedule runs for yourself and everyone else to benefit. Meetup.com has a feature where you can "suggest" a meetup based on a previous one, and it will only schedule it if 3 or more people commit. Also, don't worry about putting something on the calendar the day of, or even a few hours before. We are all busy and opportunities to run come and go!
- If anyone comes across fun races to do, I encourage you to post them on the message board. I am personally looking for one to get me started (5 or 10K), and I'm sure other members would be interested too.
- Remember, it's casual! We have runners of all levels. And more importantly, once we get more people going to meetups I will schedule a happy hour for all the hard work we've put in.
See you out there!
Bryan