addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Nottingham Sociables Message Board › Board/card game event formats

Board/card game event formats

gillian
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 117
Hey all, I agree with both Matt and Hannah, in that I enjoy board and card games so am open to both. I'm also not too bothered by numbers as long as there is comfy room and game space to fit everyone in! I enjoy games so would likely attend mostly but not necessarily every time, due to other interests too. I will consider co-hosting but as James said, wouldn't want to be a regular one.
The first card school was fab and I'm looking forward to the next one! I think the key thing is to try to find a venue we may use fairly regularly for any games, then we can make the rest up as we go along! [Not the games rules of course!!!] smile
James
nmtoken
Cropwell Bishop, GB
Post #: 21
What about chess game?

Certainly we could include chess in the board games selection.
A former member
Post #: 13
I agree James, it's not really about the amount of people that go, it's about the venue. I think I suggested before that there are a couple of pubs/cafe's that have basement rooms that can be rented for free if people buy drinks while they are there. These could be a possibility depending on what you were planning to do. I also noticed that there were some board games in a pile at The Glee Club when I was there a few months ago. This would indicate that some people play games there and this could be worth exploring, but I don't know anything else for certain.
steve w.
user 47686872
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 1
I am friendly with a couple of pub owners in the city and I think I could find us a decent and free place for cards/games nights. I have been thinking about perhaps doing a dinner murder mystery type game, i have done them at home but a pub might do better food and be a more spacious location. I could ask about your plans as well and provide some options in the next few days if you like. What night/days would you prefer.
Kiran
Kiran-J
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 26
Hey Steve....that's got to be worth exploring further. Sounds great :)
A former member
Post #: 14
Murder Mystery game sounds great :)
A former member
Post #: 267
I have recently discovered that the room upstairs at the Peacock is available for free again. Just buy drinks at the bar, that's all they ask. It could be as good as the Poacher, but better from the point of view of travelling from the city centre and the freeness of the room. The tables are mostly small round ones tho, good for card games for 4 or small board games, not so much for games of many players or requiring spreading out - I suggest people go and check it out for themselves.

But please don't pick the third Thursday evening of the month because I've bagsied that for another group. ;)
Andrew
Andrew..
Group Organizer
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 169
I know this discussion ended a month or two ago but if you are interested in boardgames there is a regular boardgame night on a Thursday at the Lincolnshire Poacher. It starts at 6pm through I generally get there about 6:15pm. It's £1 and run by Andy Pelton who creates it s an event on facebook. The facebook group is FANG FB Group.

I would add that it's more heavy boardgames so more settlers of catan than monopoly.