We are delighted to announce our first meetup! We have two outstanding talks planned, both described below. Here's an overview of the event:
- 6:30-7:00 - Start the event with 30 minutes for people to meet and talk with each other
- 7:00-8:00 - Two talks, 30 minutes each
- 8:00-8:15 - Talk about ideas for future events and activities for NovaNode
- 8:15 onward - Head downstairs to Spider Kelly's for some drinks
Also, be sure to follow the NovaNode Twitter account: @NovaNode
We look forward to seeing you all at the first meetup!
All the best,
Getting started with Node.js in the Cloud
Node.js and the cloud offer unparalleled opportunities for quickly developing web applications that scale -- one as a framework and the other as a platform. In this talk, we'll look at getting a basic Node.js web application up and running, deploying to the cloud, and scaling up as our application's popularity soars! And, we'll discuss the use cases and pitfalls for various architecture and service provider choices along the way.
- Ryan Roemer, Director of Engineering at SpanishDict.com
Everyauth: OAuth for busy nerds
Everyauth is an abstraction layer for OAuth services that makes OAuth authentication and account linking trivial. This talk will present an overview of Everyauth's basic architecture and modularity, and walk through a use case using it's cousin MongooseAuth to authenticate, create, and update user accounts stored in a MongoDB database.
- Jason Bond Pratt, Co-founder of Tixelated