Orlando Area Christian Singles Message Board › Refund Policy Question for Organizer

Refund Policy Question for Organizer

A former member
Post #: 11
Hi David,
I was just curious, for future reference, if this group had a specific refund policy which organizers adhere to, in the event someone pays for an event, and it is cancelled. If so, could you please tell me in general, what that is?
This will assist me in making decisions/planning for future events.
Thanks much!
Deborah
David M.
user 8514859
Orlando, FL
Post #: 49
Hi Deborah,

That's a great question! It varies. Depending on the event and how the money is paid out will determine the refund policy. For instance, some venues set their own refund policy, such as a cruise line or a dinner theater for example. If one were to cancel they would deal directly with the vendor in that case. If you are attending an event that requires a cost or fee, please ask the event host about refunds. Generally, we are a free group and have never required a fee to join or dues to maintain membership.

I hope this helps!

Dave :)

A former member
Post #: 12
Thanks for getting back to me Dave,

Sounds like the most straightforward way for someone to get a refund if an event was cancelled was if the event host hadn't yet paid the vendor, as all other scenarios would be a case by case basis, depending on the vendors policy. I get it!

One more question... in the case such as that referenced above (where the event host still has possession of all fees collected but event has been cancelled), other than an event host applying fees collected to an upcoming second event (rain date scheduled and person who paid is attending), all monies would be refunded asap to those who paid, correct? (probably a silly question, as the answer seems obvious, but don't want to assume!)

Thanks again! : )
Deborah
A former member
Post #: 13
Thanks for the email Dave, and for answering my questions. I, thankfully, have not ever had this type of problem. Unfortunately, on a few occasions (in this and other meetups I attend), I've become aware of problems others were having (regarding getting reimbursed for their refunds for ex). On these occasions, I observed that this is a very stressful situation for folks, who were, in a sense, powerless to get back their hard-earned money. I, myself felt powerless to help. It's helpful to me to know (at least in this meetup) that you are most interested in hearing about, and assisting in the resolution of these types of problems if/when they arise, and that people are welcome to contact you directly (why I decided to publicly post my response to your email: I think it's important that people know there is a place to turn if they need this type of assistance). In theory, in a Christian meetup such as this, these types of situations should be a rarity--but education/information is always beneficial, nonetheless.

I've been a community organizer for a few decades--I appreciate both the privilege and the responsibility of being in a leadership position, whereby people are entrusting you with their money, for ex, and the relatively powerless position those who are not in charge are in should a dispute arise. So, your interest/involvement in this regard is much appreciated. I thought everyone should be aware of this. Thanks again.

Thank you for your kind, welcoming words. This group has been a blessing to me. I have had mainly positive experiences, have made a few very good friends, and really do feel the love of The Lord through others. I pray that Everyone feels this in this group, and pray that I have the courage to step up and help if I'm made aware that this is not the case.

Blessings,
Deborah
David M.
user 8514859
Orlando, FL
Post #: 50
Very good Deborah! Thank you for your concern for others. I am glad that you have made some friends in our group and I am very happy that you are a part of us!

God bless you!

David smile
A former member
Post #: 14
smile