align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

SoCal Poly Friends Message Board › MJKP0M: Transfer/change-of-Head of this group from Dave Doleshal to the most

MJKP0M: Transfer/change-of-Head of this group from Dave Doleshal to the most active & stable leader (currently effective-Head DestinyArchitect)

A former member
Post #: 574
Thread Title: MJKP0M: Transfer/change-of-Head of this group from Dave Doleshal to the most active & stable leader (currently effective-Head DestinyArchitect­)
MJKTDW:

• MJKPIE: this is totally appropriate, at least from all I can see, given the roles of these 2 explained in ­"MJ6BDB: We know our stuff" of "About us.."
  • MJKQ9R: The rest of what's here is what has happened, in order:

• MJKQ8X: Kundan­ told me Destiny he had founded the group but it was now being Headed by Dave as he was no longer able & so-interested to pay for its Meetup hosting.
    • MJKPK3: Around 2012Q2, Kundan informed me Destiny that Dave was almost always out of the area and just there to pay for the Meetup hosting of the group plus list his own events, and wasn't really running the group and was typically impossible to reach even for then Co-Organizer Kundan.
    • MJKPR5: So Destiny strongly proposed this idea (this transfer of the group to those actually running it) to Kundan, for the security of the members and more, and Kundan totally agreed.
      MJKPT6: Kundan just said he hadn't taken back the group himself as he had mostly given up running it now for many months running it any more for many months so had instead choose to use up his Meetup Group heading slots to Head groups on other topics. But now that Destiny would be open to it, this made complete sense. especially now that most all the energy to run the group was coming from Destiny since ~2012.05~.
    • MJKPOG: one obstetrical is that Destiny's (3) group Head slots were also filled, though he could free one up as he planned & plans to close http://Meetup.com/UUC...­ just as soon as he was able to back it up.
    • MJKQ1S: So when they next saw Dave, Fri night of Three-Day Southern California Polyamory Gathering: Sept 21-23, Newport Beach, CA, they proposed this transfer to idea to Dave & Dave agreed to do it, just contact him later with the details (as he was then running this retreat.
      MJKTUR: Though he also said there he no longer had any phone #, and they couldn't find him the next day when they came again, so it did seem contacting him for this might be difficult.
    • MJKQAP: And now with seemingly Dave processing members when he shouldn't be (probably an accident, but causing problems) , this again bears consideration, probably should be done unless say say Dave could reasonably assure no more problems.

A former member
Post #: 652
MYSESV:

• MYSEV1: This still & REALLY needs to be done as:

• MYSHSS: official group Head Dave:

• MYSEWC: is still not, nor apparently plans to be, in our area with any regularly, and
      • MYSF1K: is not and never has attended our normal local meetings, and not just for the years I've been in & leading the group, but also even before me according to his official attendance history on his profile (which shows him only attending the 6 specialty events he specially runs when in the apparent-rare times he's in the area) ,
      • MYSF27: and in not in regular sync with our event planning
      • MYSFTZ: Has not provided us actively leading a phone # for him (so to keep in timely sync) nor SMS-or-call me when immediate problems arise despite of course my continual requests for this -he mostly doesn't respond to this point when I ask him

• MYSF4E: But Meetup is not built for this and in general nobody is expecting this, causing serious problems, including:
      MYSHPG: important group admin messages are going to Dave and often instead of to those actively leading (notably me)

• MYSF6P: And as I now see confirmed from Dave's "Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM" email confirming he deleted our event listing, it seems Dave is:

• MYSFG9: apparently not immediately forwarding these important messages to those actively leading & responsible (me) (may forward them when asked, but by then it's too late), nor asking what's going on
      • MYSFCL: but still (and even worse) DOES use his Meetup group admin privileges seemingly-unknowingly wrongfully (and even though the above lack of sync would dictate he shouldn't be using his admin privileges at all), even though it is seemingly good-intention & just a bit careless & mistaken,
        MYSG3R: this is causing considerable destruction in our management of the group: both in this incident and (the last one: point MJKQAP above), in total days of (time waste & misunderstandings), especially to me: long far outweighing any few bucks saved by Dave paying for the hosting of the group.

• MYSGKT: And while I do & can & have & still do try to work things out with Dave so this could work, it continues to appear likely to this situation won't work: of Dave being listed by Meetup as the Head of this group, and not the person(s) as me actively locally leading it for years.

• MYSGSC: As soon as possible (as this month), I will remove Meetup's obstacle technically preventing me from making the transfer (MJKPOG) above.
  • MYSGSU: Dave, kindly reply post to this so I know you are in sync on this and what your feedback is.