Post #: 650
MYL46D: Responding now to member Caroll
's "Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM" Meetup email to me of quote(Brentwood Pool Party
Is the pool party still on today?
) I now 1st realized that, http://meetup.com/OC-... ("Brentwood Poly Family's Huge Poly Pool Party #11(DATE TBA)+"
, last scheduled "2014.01.25(Sat#4)" tentatively (since Meetup requires a date even if the date is approximate & TBA), has been wrongfully, unexpectedly, & mysteriously deleted
sometime between just-now and my date of last backup (though I should NOT have to be making backups) of "Sunday, December 22, 2013, 11:08:29 PM".
- MYL4DS: This deletion was wrong including:
- MYL4LI: This is a valid potential listing; in addition:
- MYL4H8: For historical record & more, typically nothing should ever be deleted, including the next pending event of anything unless a full & more accurate copy of it is elsewhere, which is NOT the case here: this had a custom writeup primarily stored here, plus dozens of custom comments from members, plus ~20 member RSVPs.
- MYL4O3: Meetup even deletions are not undoable, and this data was likely not fully backed up (my manual backups -and one shouldn't have to be doing backup if it weren't for wrongful deletions as this!) and even if was fully backedup, it cannot be fully reconstructed, including that URL is now lost (won't be redirected) and members' comments cannot be restored under their profile URL & pic & original date of posting, and even such an incomplete replacement would take me at least a couple hours to rebuild from backup.
- MYL4JO: Any changes should only be done the person creating the event listing (me) unless that person is unreachable including by SMS & calling, and no body SMSed & called me on this. Rather I wasn't aware of this act at at until I inadvertently discovered it.
- MYL4PI: So overall this would quite violate our group principle announced on our About us of quote( "due-process" -see core rule MJ9IGT) posted there.
- MYL4SL: As meetup wrongfully keeps no externally visible record of who did changes, who did this deletion & why? Reply here else let me know
- MYL4UR: It wasn't me (the effective head of this group) of course, so the only two people who could have done it our group leaders (other than me):
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Dec 29, 2013 12:49 PM
Post #: 651
MYL63Z: I now see an email was sent to me to apparently Dave (the other top leader of OC Polyamory) of quote(
From: Meetup <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Subject: Radagast the Brown sent you a message: Please delete the Brentwood event
Meetup Message from: Radagast the Brown, Member of Orange County's Polyamory with Integrity, since 2010
Please delete the Brentwood event
Hello, Someone posted the Brentwood event without permission of the house owners. Please delete it.
This message was sent to you and 1 other organizer of Orange County's Polyamory with Integrity, since 2010.
- MYL650: Under what authority? I don't recognize this person and his profile is entirely private; still defeating that privacy (Yes there is a way to do that) shows this person appears not to be a leader under any Meetup group, and most importantly is not even a member of the main group (Loving-More) nor even once-associated group (Meetup.com/SoCal-Polyamory) which hosts these parties, so, by Meetup, would have no authority to make this request.
MYL7J4: Indeed I now see (take a look the backup copy) I personally had responded to this person just days before, in continued updates on when the event was, so not "someone listed" but he knew (else could well see) I was the one listing it (the event host said so) and could have easily replied that my reply, but rather he then unexpectedly "jumped the chain of command" emailed the head organizers saying "Someone posted" (when he knew else could easily tell: he was talking to the person) and "without permission of the house owners" (where did he suddenly get that data? -he didn't say a word) --so rather I cannot outrule from similar stuff who have come malign trick to destroy our listing, though it could be just an ordinary member staying stupid half-backed stuff -because What authority? None he says nor that I can see!
- MYL7X3: These listings are authorized; email from the home owner & party host,
; moreover he has my email address & cell # indeed we just spoke in Nov; if he wanted changes, he could easily let me know and it would be his responsibility to let me know, as only he (the party host) has that authority to make such a request.
From: Tom Nadeau <to..firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: Just wanted to run another Poly Pool Party re-listing by you ideally before I email it out
To: DestinyArchitect <LC..email@example.com>
Cc: Deborah <fl..firstname.lastname@example.org> [SoCalPoly leader, co-host], "Meetup.com/Loving-More" <MI0Y4U@etag.jothere.com>, "Meetup.com/SoCal-Polyamory" <LXDADW@etag.jothere.com>, "Meetup.com/OC-Polyamory" <M2I8YC@etag.jothere.com>
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM, DestinyArchitect <LCDest@loverules.info> wrote:
MI0Z52: Hi, Tom!, Head of Loving-More and Event Host of the Pool Party,
and CC'ing Deborah, Assistant Organizer of Loving-More as a close collaborator plus Head of SoCal-Polyamory,
MI0Z5H: For years I've enjoyed and enthusiastically spread the word about your Poly Pool Parties, as upcoming Feb 23rd. ...
MYL6R5: Out of the blue "Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM" there was a poorly handled including anonymous UNSIGNED note from LovingMore misclaiming we listed "false dates for [their] pool parties"; this was incorrect: our description tells the exact dates or approximation known, instead any misreading problems lies with Meetup as as Meetup requires future events pick an exact date with no way to put adjacent that date that it is approximate, a limitation any good Meetup organizer should know: why the event title also read "DATE TBA". I also SMSed this to Tom back in Nov, and he said nothing of us not listing his events.
- MYL78S: My guess is Dave saw this and (incorrectly) did NOT check the facts (see below) NOR check with the person making the listing (me) nor overseeing the group here (also see) and went ahead and did this deletion, apparently with nothing to go by than this ordinary member's apparent misguided email. That's very bad, Dave. Causing significant destruction. What happened?
MYLB4Q: To alert Dave of this, posted on his profile
ORANGE COUNTY'S POLYAMORY WITH INTEGRITY, SINCE 2010
Dave, one of our very important OC-Polyamory events, including with ~20 RSVPs & ~20 mbr cmts, unexpectedly,mysteriously,&quite wrongfully got deleted; &very unfortunately it looking like u did it. So pls read&Reply post on the new thread on that http://meetup.com/OC-... . Also please tell me ur phone # ideally cell if you now have one, so urgent & tricky stuff like this can we can talk on the phone and over SMS. Await your responses. And happy holidays.
Dec 29, 2013 2:44 PM
Edited by User 1,895,099 on Dec 29, 2013 2:45 PM