This Meetup group is about organizing pickup games in the Irvine, Newport Beach, Aliso Viejo Area for anyone who wants to join! It's all about having fun.
The Game is usually pretty intense but always friendly, excessive force is not tolerated. Our goal is to enjoy the game and get a great workout at the same time. Most of our players have a few years of practice but every level is welcome to join. It is a Co-ed game open to every age categories.
I made some research on the best way to prepare so here are a few advices:
- Warm up is extremely important if you are not running very regularly. It is recommended to do an active warm up of 10 min minimum.
- Being hydrated is key. Water can be insufficient so Gatorade or the equivalent is recommended.
- Equipment: Cleats, Chin Guard and also ankle braces if you have weak ankles. I also use shock absorbing soles in my cleats... it makes miracles.
- Stretch at the end, not at the warm up. Avoid bouncing while stretching.
Here is where you can find all the information on how the games are organized: http://soccer.meetup....
You can contact me by email if you have any question, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come over and Check us out!
- Individuals joining our games are solely responsible for their own safety and health.
- Please avoid SOLICITATIONS to our group members including invitations to play for other Teams
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About O.C. International F.C (Soccer Meetup Group)||November 14, 2008 2:10 PM||anonymous|