Newport Beach, CA
We're a new Newport Beach-based web and mobile shop founded by an experienced industry veteran with a proven track record building businesses. We have a solid client base and it’s growing rapidly creating an immediate need for web developers and graphic designers. We have great offices in a new co-working space with lots of perks (free espresso, beer, chair massages on Tuesdays and more). We’re open to part-time, full-time or contract work and you can work remotely most of the time though you will need to be available for meetings as needed.
What you bring to the table:
* Skilled in PHP / MySQL programming;
* Experience with Adobe CS and the ability to translate Photoshop and Illustrator designs into live sites;
* Experience with open source CMS's, particularly Wordpress – we specialize in Wordpress and do a lot of custom plugin development, custom theme creation, etc.;
* Strong understanding of jQuery;
* Most importantly, enough familiarity with the above to know conceptually how to achieve a particular project even if it means looking a few things up to actually accomplish it. We're not looking for "rock stars" (in fact, we find the term annoying) we're looking for smart, motivated people who can figure out how to get things done.
What we bring to the table:
* Established client base and robust project schedule;
* Cool offices in a brand new co-working space with free espresso, a fully stocked beer fridge, free parking and convenient location (walk to shops, restaurants and Fashion Island);
* Flexible work arrangement -- telecommuting is okay or you're welcome to work here if you prefer;
Most importantly, the chance to get in early and be a part of the senior team that helps shape the direction of the company.
We are more interested in finding the right person to be a creative partner in the company rather than a freelancer interested in simply following instructions. Our ideal candidate will be excited to take charge of a project from conception to the end result. If you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of a successful startup, then we'd love to talk with you!
Please message me your resume and contact info., links to any current live examples of your work, and your desired salary range or hourly rate.
Hope to hear from you soon!