"The next-gen of Amazon's Appstore" by&at (its developers=a2z's Mobile Services)
Oct 26, 2011 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
(LT2MOD last mod=[masked](Wed)pst1156) (LT2STA version 1.1)
(The next-gen of Amazon's Appstore"
(its developers=a2z's Mobile Services)
- (LTLYGM=FREE. But to be admitted you must
(beforehand, RSVP YES) and
(on-arrival, use your/a smartphone to browse this page & check-yourself-in, else see a group leader does that for you)
--as this is a secure building and exact attendance is required.)
- (LTFF2Q=Agenda, according to a2z-OC Tech Recruiter Kristen)
(LTFFFH=from 7:00pm sharp to 9:00pm)
- (LTLW1M=Socializing & Networking)
- (LTFFHG=3 to 4 presentations (~1hr total but may change))
- (LTFFMZ=Questions & Answers))
- (LTEL2G=Presentation Title & Details:
"The Next Generation of the Amazon Appstore"
- (LTLWBH=Presented by & at its developers, A2Z Research & Development's Mobile Services
(LTFENK="A2Z Research and Development’s Mobile Services has recently made a huge splash with the launch of the Android Appstore. We have the coolest new software in the mobile space and our team is looking for the best of the best to help us achieve the next level. ..." says it's official web-page. )
- (LTFEOS=The Presenters:
(LTLWKD= main presenter OCAndroid member Mekka Okereke of Irvine; joined[masked];
Software Development Manager within A2Z's Mobile Services )
(LTLWKZ=2 to 3 more developers within Mobile Services) )
- (LTLWPG=Talks will be fairly technical, says Kristen, a2z Tech Recruiter for OC)
- (LTFEQR="Attendees will be given access to information that no one else out of Amazon has yet, so it'll be worth the time for OCAndroid members to attend." SMSes OCAndroid member Jim Liu of Irvine; joined[masked];
Software Development Manager at A2Z Lake Forest)
Also, a2z of OC is hiring 80 local tech people! --as Android & mobile-device developers, says Kristen & JOCAndroid member Jennaya, a2z-OC Tech Recruiters.
(LTFFV5=See http://a2z.com/jobs/?loc=Orange+County for open positions & to apply.)
(LTMB3I=Also see Amazon.com careers search for zip 92780 (center of OC) radius 25miles (~radius of OC). )
(LTE8FA=If your involvement with our group OCAndroid helps you get paid work or fill a paid position, you must let the head of our group know within a week.
(LTFJ7P=This group is a free service to the general public and has led many people to find jobs & fill positions; but, per this thread, facilitating all this (finding jobs & good people, and training & meetings & making-connections) and running this group takes hard work and we want & need credit where it's due.)
- (LTEKJY=Venue: (given by this Meetup listing's venue)
(LTFG6R=Exact address & suite # TBA to RSVP YES.)
(LTEPS2=Parking. Parking is free & plenty. Just park in the parking structure, and take your parking entrance ticket into the meeting & get it validated.)
- (LTFESD=How does this event tie in with Android? Big time!
(LTFEVB= "Amazon is getting into Android big time now nowdays with their Appstore and soon to be released much anticipated tablet[ Kindle Fire]. ... I have been chasing this meetup down since I received a card from one of their technical recruiters at SCALE which was back in Feb and [now it's happening!]" OC-PHP head William emailed me)
(LTFEWY=In the Amazon Kindle line (the most famous e-book line), the newest & most exciting one is the Fire which now uniquely features Android rather than the prior Kindle-OS.)
(LTMAGT=The Amazon Appstore is currently more often called the Amazon.com: Appstore for Android as, while it may sell apps for other OSes eventually, it sells Android apps first & now.)
(LTFG4I=The venue is where "Due to the tremendous growth and the successful launch of the Android Appstore the Mobile Team has recently moved [to]" so specializing in Android Research.)(LTFENK="A2Z Research and Development’s Mobile Services has recently made a huge splash with the launch of the Android Appstore. ..." says it's official web-page. )
- (LTMAS7=How does this event tie in with iOS & other mobile-OSes/-platforms?
(LTMATQ=It's what is being done now with competitor Android.)
(LTMAUS=Amazon & A2Z hope to expand multi-platform, as the department name Mobile Services suggest.)
- (LTEPPT=Food: Free soda & finger-food (as cookies).
(LTFGHB=Can one bring food? )
(LTLX13=I requested host provide pizza or similar meal but it doesn't seem likely, so plan to eat before.)
- (LTEPJ7=Attendace #s expected & maxium:
(LTLZW0="They have 60 seat capacity and they are looking to fill this thing so reaching out to do this jointly with [OCAndroid] as I think OCPHP can easily pull 40--maybe."[as of[masked], they have 24], William emailed me.)
(LTLZWA="We have capacity for 80." SMSed OCAndroid member Jim L. later.)
(LTMC0S=As of[masked]pst04, estimated total attendance is ~65 & climbing.)
- (LTEPIC=Event Promoters:
- (LTFGDA=Destiny, Head of OCAndroid, for this listing, used on OCAndroid and (soon linked to by SoCalAndroid & by OC-"iOS").
(LTMBMM=And OCAndroid's POC member Jennaya says she appreciates the work we're putting in and the members we bring her and if things go well, next time A2Z will sponsor our group! (more on the need to sponsor community tech-groups) ) )
- (LTFGEY=William, Head of OC-PHP, who unearthed this event and told me about it and is listing it on OC-PHP.)
- (LTLX61=A2Z-OC is self-promoting on LinkedIn.)
- (LTLZPY=no more known)
- (LTFEYX=Above are all the details a2z has so far released.)
- (LO9QFO To attend, you must read & follow the latest version of "info for every Meetup.com/OCAndroid event LEVW4X")
- (LT0DIS=Discussion thread of All Additional Aspects, from-conception-to-legend, in that order, including any advertising & detailed planning & reports from this event.)
- (LG4OWH=What are these codes as “LG4OWH” on this paragraph? They're short IDs to date-stamp, uniquely-reference, and portably-track content.)