addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hackaday Orange County Message Board Career Opportunities › Gov 2.0 Startup seeks Web Dev Cofounder (w/ video)

Gov 2.0 Startup seeks Web Dev Cofounder (w/ video)

A former member
Post #: 2
Cheesy home video:

Community Government will facilitate effective collaboration between governments, and the people and organizations that governments serve, locally and globally, for the highest good of all concerned.

Community Government is an online platform, including a website and mobile applications. It brings proven tools and processes, which are prolifically used to develop products, to develop regulations, standards, and other aspects of governance. It facilitates real work, rather than just awareness and opinions.

Give me a call if this speaks to you. My name is Kevin, and you can reach me at +1 (707) 992-5741 or KevinWalsh[at]CommunityGov.org. More info below.

I've spent the last 4 years at Fisker Automotive working simultaneously on product development and regulatory development (because governments were challenged with regulating our new technology). The difference was night and day! At Fisker, we used all manner of proven product development processes and tools to create an incredibly complex machine that had to meet a vast array of interacting requirements; we had to, simply to make a competitive product that we could launch in a competitive time frame. On the government side, however, the regulatory development process meandered on for years with no effective structure or collaboration, and produced results which frequently did not meet the stated objectives. The opportunity for improvement is staggering.
Meanwhile, activists worldwide, as in the Occupy movement, passionately spread awareness of problems in government but fail to collaborate effectively and propose solutions. There is a dire and widespread need for a way to affect change in a structured way.