Learn to Build iPhone Apps in One Day
iOS Progamming – A Primer
Hands-on iOS Programming
iOS Developers Meetup is excited to offer a full day, intensive introduction to iOS programming. This hands-on course is a perfect introduction to iOS programming for anyone with some prior programming experience or a technical background. The instructor will walk the class through developing iOS apps starting at the beginning.
Come prepared to write code and have a working app at the end of the day.
This course introduces the basics of iOS App programming. Students will build a complete iOS App from scratch utilizing storyboards, multiple user interface views, tables, gestures, and data storage on the iPhone.
• A Mac running OS X[masked] or later [masked] preferred)
• XCode 4.6.2 installed (Free download from Mac App Store)
• Prior experience in a programming language is highly desirable
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
• Use XCode to create projects for iOS Apps
• Understand the basic structure of Objective-C Language
• Define classes, properties and write instance and class methods
• Use the basic Foundation classes (numbers, arrays, dictionaries, etc.)
• Set up user interfaces easily, using Storyboards and Interface Builder
• Set up text input fields on the iPhone
• Swap out different interfaces (views) with animation
• Display tables of data
• Handle touch input and recognize gestures
• Store data on the device
• The class is limited to only 12 spots so we can make ensure everyone learns the material and we can provide 1-on-1 instruction when needed.
• A refund is provided if the class is canceled for any reason
• The location is TBD but will be near Irvine
Lunch is provided by our sponsor - TEKsystems
General fee is $299
iOS Developers Meetup member discount is $249
There are only 12 slots so prepay now at:
Lead Instructor - Usman Rashid
Usman Rashid is the founder of Wooblue Inc., a technology development company that specializes in mobile solutions for professionals and enterprises. Usman has been part of the software industry for over 20 years and has worked in a wide range of industries such as CAD/CAM, Medical Devices, Communications and Aerospace. He has published Apps for enterprise clients (Campus Secure, Targeted Traffic) as well as end users (SaleQ, Impossible Game, iUnitCircle, I Talk Math). Usman recently completed a successful Kickstarter campaign (CameraMator) that was featured in the Orange County Register and is currently involved in a project for the entertainment industry. Usman has an MS in Computer Science from Rensselaer (RPI). http://linkedin.com/in/usmanrashid