Join ONA for an honest talk about the erosion of the once well fortified wall between advertising and journalists/bloggers. What, if any, role has convergence played in this change? Does the separation matter as much as it used to?
Join us for an interesting chat that not only looks at how the line has blurred, but how to increase income, clicks, etc. on your blog or work site by using offline events.
Our speaker is Sean Monzet, the Director of Integrated Media at NBC/Comcast's owned and operated station in San Diego, NBC 7.
Sean comes from a family of Media & Advertising professionals from New York City. He and his wife Melissa moved to San Diego on a whim back in September of 2000 and never looked back.
Currently Sean manages the marketing, content and sales of NBC 7 San Diego’s digital platforms. This includes the local music franchise "SoundDiego" and “The Goods”. With an eye on re-inventing the "local media" experience, Sean is constantly managing redesigns, enhancements, and new product launches across NBC 7’s digital platforms. Sean was listed as one of the 50 People to Watch in 2011 by San Diego Magazine.
NBC 7 San Diego is one of ten NBC/Comcast Owned and Operated TV Stations. Sean regularly communicates best practices in digital media strategy with his counterparts across the country.
Some of Sean's accomplishments include:
Responsible for revenue, audience, & Social Media growth of NBC 7 San Diego digital platforms.
• Developed & executed strategy to capture largest Social Media audience in San Diego.
• Founded SoundDiego music franchise, NBC 7’s largest digital revenue initiative.
• Associate Producer of SoundDiego TV – airs Saturday 1am after SNL.
• Work closely with news management, on-air talent & producers to increase communication & collaboration between traditional & digital teams. Develop Social integration strategy for programming.
• Grew NBC7.com audience 20% YTY, streamlined video publishing workflow to increase video views 20%.
• Lead digital and Social discussion at weekly sales meetings, working closely w/ Acct Execs to grow digital billing 4 consecutive years.
• Run weekly digital strategy meeting encompassing news/content, Social, marketing/promotions & revenue.
• Collaborate with Product, Tech, Research, Marketing & Sales to launch digital franchises & apps.
• Manage sales, marketing, & Social strategy of The Goods, NBC 7 San Diego’s daily deal/ecommerce platform.
• Expertise in email newsletter content strategy & growth