ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL MEMBERS!! PLEASE READ OUR MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND THIS ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO JOIN ONYX!!!!
TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE ATTEMPTING TO JOIN THAT DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS AND DO NOT CORRECTLY COMPLETE THEIR PROFILE AND/OR PROFILE PICTURE REQUIREMENTS!! ALL REQUESTS THAT DO NOT MEET OUR GROUP REQUIREMENTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DECLINED!!
Its All About The Swirl!
If you are a single heterosexual Black female or White/Latino/Asian/Indian male and are interested in forming friendships or a serious relationship, then ONYX Atlanta is for you.
No more wondering if that person you "winked" at is open to dating inter-racially - in this group you KNOW that they are! Feel free to read our group reviews to see what our awesome members think of ONYX!
We plan fun meetups all over Metro Atlanta such as museum/art gallery visits, concerts, festivals, meet & greet mixers, happy hours, birthday celebrations, jazz events, horseback riding, motorcycle rides, travel, wine tasting, bowling, health & fitness, spiritual & motivational events, lunch & dinners, sports events, speed dating and much, much more!
Our members are a welcoming, joyful and loving family that support, motivate and inspire each other. We believe that forming positive and REAL friendships helps to build the foundation you will need to find and maintain a lasting relationship. ONYX Atlanta has been the catalyst for 18 marriages, 15 engagements, over 20 serious relationships and numerous true friendships!
Read our Membership Requirements here.
**AS OF APRIL 1, 2013, ONYX ATLANTA WILL CHARGE MEMBERS $20 YEARLY FOR MEMBERSHIP DUES. THIS IS TO COVER THE COST OF EVENTS, MEMBER GIFTS AND OTHER INCIDENTALS THAT PREVIOUSLY WERE COVERED BY OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM AND EVENT HOSTS. THESE DUES CAN BE PAID ALL AT ONCE OR $5 PER QUARTER. MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE! NEW MEMBERS RECEIVE A 5 DAY FREE TRIAL. AFTER 5 DAYS, MEMBERSHIP DUES WILL NEED TO BE PAID IN ORDER TO CONTINUE YOUR ONYX MEMBERSHIP.
PLEASE NOTE OUR MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
1. This is a photo mandatory group, a clear picture of your face is required. PLEASE do not use group photos, pets, buildings, paintings, butterflies, sunsets, etc. as your profile picture. Your profile picture must be of YOU alone, must show your face clearly with no obstructions (i.e sunglasses, hats, etc.), must not contain nudity or be provocative/"sexy" and must remain on your profile at all times. You also must have a WORKING email address! We send notices and information to members that they really need to be aware of so please insure you use an email address you check frequently.
2. You must be a single Black female or White/Latino/Asian/Indian male.*Legally separated is fine. Please do not attempt to join if you are still married to your ex and NOT in the process of going through a divorce, living with your ex or "trying to work things out" with your ex. That is not fair to others who may be seriously interested in you.
3. Profile names must include the 1st letter of your last name or some identifying difference. Since we have members who share common names, this is so we can easily identify you if another member expresses interest in meeting you. Using one initial, "cutesy" nicknames or offensive/vulgar profile names are not allowed. Your profile name will be what is used to address you and also will be printed on name tags at some events. Please insure your profile name is something you would not mind being called in public and not something that others may be uncomfortable addressing you as.
*Couples ARE welcome though we prefer you join our IR/IC Couples Group on Facebook, Interracial Couples of Atlanta & Elsewhere (IRCAE). Link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ircae/
4. We have a 3 strikes rule for attending events that you've RSVP'd "yes" to. Three no shows to events that you've signed up for will equal removal from the group. We also charge a $5 "No Show" fee to members who RSVP to events and do not show up with no call, text, message or notification consistently. This does not include emergency situations but it is the members responsibility to notify the Event Host that they will not be attending
5. If a member hasn't attended an event within 60 days of joining or within 3 months of active membership, their membership will be removed.
6. If you don't see any activities that you'd like to attend, but have suggestions or ideas of activities you WOULD attend, please contact us with your suggestions. We welcome member event ideas & suggestions.
7. This is not a "hook-up" group, so if you are looking for that type of relationship, this group is not for you.
8. We DO accept out of state members but they must travel to Atlanta frequently, commit to attending at least 4 events per year/ 1 per quarter and must be active on our group Discussion Board and/or Chat Room. Please email us for more information about out of state membership requirements BEFORE attempting to join.
MEMBERSHIP DUES: $20 yearly/$5 quarterly
Peace & love,
Sonya Menssen (Organizer), Tamiko and Jerri (Co-Organizers)
*We reserve the right to use and claim ownership of the following names which are all under copyright and have been trademarked: Black Women For White Men, Atlanta Black Women For White Men, BW4WM, Atlanta BW4WM, ONYX aka BW4WM, ONYX Atlanta, ONYX, IRCAE, Interracial Couples of Atlanta & Elsewhere, Domino as the intellectual property of the Group Founder & Organizers. Anyone using those specific names in any capacity must obtain express written permission & authorization from the Group Founder & Organizers. We reserve the right to amend our Membership Requirements at any time. We reserve the right to approve/decline anyone seeking membership. All approved members who attend any group event must abide by the Group Standards of Behavior located on our message board and accept personal responsibility for their behavior at any ONYX sponsored event. ONYX Atlanta accepts no liability for damage to personal property or members attending any ONYX Atlanta sponsored event.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.