North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Supposedly true story ... About not telling the truth.

Supposedly true story ... About not telling the truth.

Old Toad
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 666
Years ago while lying in my hammock I noticed my dog dragging something under the chain-link fence. Upon inspection, to my dismay, I realized it was the next-door neighbor's 10-year-old daughter's rabbit. It was dead.

For years I had watched the girl come home from school and head straight out to her backyard to its cage, free it, and play with it in the yard. I knew today would be no different and fearing for our dog, I had to think fast.

The rabbit was dirty, so I washed it off with the hose, combed it with the dog brush, and blew it dry with the leaf blower. Upon finishing its grooming, I jumped the fence and replaced it back in its cage hoping its death would be written off as "natural causes." Back to the hammock.

Within the hour the neighbor's Volvo pulled in as usual and out popped the little girl, and as usual she headed straight for the backyard. Only this time she stopped and screamed: "DDDDAAAADDDDYYYY!"

Being the good neighbor that I am, I rushed to fence to asked if there was anything I could do.

Her father stood stricken looking at the cage. He then blurted, "What kind of sick individual would dig up a little girl's dead rabbit and put it back in it's cage?"
Donovan
Donovan.A
Dallas, TX
Post #: 39
Did you tell him: One that attempts to fake reality? LOLwink