Ocean Paddling Club Cleveland Message Board Safety - Education - Liability › ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY - All members agree to this when jo

ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY - All members agree to this when joining this Meetup

Closed to new replies

Libby
Paddlerunner
Longboat Key, FL
Post #: 7

WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY

To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are assuming all of the risk of this activity and releasing everyone else involved from all liability for harm that you or your property might suffer. You are giving up your right to sue to recover damages you or your property might suffer.

This is an unpaid recreational activity held by people with no legal duty to each other, each of whom is choosing on their own initiative to engage in this activity. Nobody at this activity will have the responsibility to train you, provide instructions to you, warn you of danger, or ensure that the planned activity is safe.

By becoming a member of the Ocean Paddling Club Cleveland (OPC) Meetup and/or participating in any OPC event implies that, you have read, understand, and agree with this DISCLAIMER and ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Per the Electronic Records and Signatures in Commerce Act, Public Law 106-229 by joining this Meetup group, you agree to all the terms listed.

Each participant on a OPC paddle must have a seaworthy boat, a whistle, a white light (for night paddles), all other equipment required by law and a Coast Guard approved PFD.

At the time of participating in any OPC event, I certify that I am physically fit and prepared for participation in the event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.

Kayaking can be physically and mentally demanding and can involve significant risks and hazards. I acknowledge awareness of the risks, foreseen and unforeseen, which are inherent in each event/activity, including but not limited to serious personal injury, property damage, collision with power boats, hypothermia, joint or trauma injuries, drowning, and death from participation in or travel to and from the event. I acknowledge and accept responsibility for insuring that any guests that I bring to a OPC event/activity have read and understand this ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY.

OPC and its organizers do not, in any way, claim to be professionals or otherwise licensed, certified, trained, etc. to provide any service including emergency medical procedures. Since most OPC activities occur on the water, by participating in a OPC event/activity you are acknowledging that you are aware and understand that in the event of a serious medical emergency, treatment may be multiple hours away. I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and /or illness during events.

Kayaking, and other posted events are or can be inherently dangerous and accidents may happen. If you participate in any posted event you are taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being. By responding (the RSVP) and signing up for a CSK event as a member you are agreeing that you are waiving any and all legal or civil rights for responsibility to the organizers and any other members within the group. OPC and its organizers, assistant organizers, trip leaders, and other members, are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions. If you choose to sign up for any OPC events, you are releasing OPC, its organizers and members from all liability in case of possible injuries. Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience.

I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules of the event/activity as published here on the OPC website. I also understand that at an event/activity I may be photographed. I agree to allow my name and/or likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose as determined by OPC.

By participating in a Ocean Paddling Club Cleveland event/activity, I Agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY Meet up.com, the OPC Meetup Group, its organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, trip leaders and event planners, as well as their families, from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from injuries, personal or property, losses, costs, damages, disability or death resulting from participating in or traveling to or from the activity. It is further understood and agreed that this DISCLAIMER, ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY is to be binding on my heirs and assigns. This DISCLAIMER, ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY shall be construed broadly and applied to the maximum extent permissible by law.

IN SHORT, BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY OPC activity, you accept and assume all risks and full responsibility for losses, costs and damages for yourself, your family and children, friends, and your guests.