This workshop-style group focuses on writing for performance, analysing scripts for stage, screen and radio, including monologues. As a norm we deal with three scripts per session, around 10 pages of each being read aloud and then discussed, in a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
What to expect at our meetings:
Having posted the scripts on this site prior to the meeting (on a first come, first served basis), writers bring sufficient copies to be read aloud by actors and/or other members of the group. All members are invited to share feedback and constructive critique for all the scripts. Each script will be allocated a 40 min slot, allowing for 10 minutes reading time, and 30 minutes discussion. A general synopsis of the complete script would also be helpful.
If you're a writer...
(1) Please upload your script in PDF format by the deadline provided by each meetup notice.
(2) When uploading please ensure you list in the description box the names of the characters, their gender and age.
(3) PLEASE bring extra copies of your script for all parts!
IF you're an Actor...
(1) Please put 'Actor' in the comments box.
(2) As soon as we know the required actors/readers needed we'll be in touch to assign you roles.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Off the Page writing group||May 9, 2014 11:16 AM||Diane Messias|