Olympia Geeks and Gamers Message Board › Oly Geeks and Gamers: About "Suggested Meetups"

Oly Geeks and Gamers: About "Suggested Meetups"

Eve
user 9785159
Lacey, WA
Hey folks,
So glad to see so much activity on the site.  You guys rock!  If anybody wants or needs event organizer permissions, just shoot me an email and I'll try to have them to you within a day (work-life 'n all).
That said, after talking with others in the group, I will be turning off the "Suggest a Meetup" functionality either later tonight or tomorrow. While this may seem like a kind of a weird change for the group, my hope is that it will actually result in MORE meetups rather than fewer.  Justification for this is that in this group and others, I've seen very, very few suggested meetups converted into actual events.  As alluded to above, everybody I've spoken to has had similar experiences.  So... away it goes!
I've made new threads on the message board for each of the currently suggested meetups and I've also posted in those meetups direction, so hopefully everybody directly affected has already been notified.
Please use the message board for communication about potential events, and once again, don't hesitate to send me a message if you need permissions to create an event on the calendar.  Sometimes the best way to keep a group going is to just start it and see who shows up.
All the best!
- Eve