|From:||Je'Amour P. M.|
|Sent on:||Friday, October 18, 2013 12:47 PM|
"This is a quick update" the trial run of making sugar skulls will be at Michaels house at 1201 Yetta Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 ( Spring Hill section of Pittsburgh ) time will start around 4 PM fun will be had ;)
As supplies are not free, we are asking that each attendee do
one of the following:
Either 1) bring $5.00 to help cover costs, OR 2) bring one or more of the necessary supplies. Please list in the comments any supplies you plan to bring.
Oigan, chicos, who wants to make some cráneos de azúcar?
The PBHS's altar at the ball this year is going to be based on the Náhuatl altar setup for Día de los Muertos. Naturally, we need to make sugar skulls. It will be a messy good time.
We need these ingredients:
* Granulated Sugar (Approximately 1 cup per 6 small sugar skulls, 4 medium or 1 large whole sugar skull.)
* Large bowl
* Sugar Skull molds (((See below)))
* Meringue powder, 1 teaspoon for each cup of sugar. Everyone highly suggests the CK Meringue Powder brand.
* Powdered sugar for the sugar skull decorative icing.
* Food coloring to color the icing.
* Icing decorator bags
* A large, dry area for the sugar skulls to dry in. (Once for the sugar to dry in the mold, and once for the icing to dry.)
* Any other decoration you like such as foil, beads or feathers.
Surely we can put our resources together to get all the supplies and have a fun culinary day!
"Ok" we need eighty more tickets to sell, so get those tickets today, become a part of the family, buy your the tickets today ♥
tickets are being sold at
or at one of these locations ...
Pandora's Box and Gallery on the South Side
KS Kennedy Floral on North Side
Indian Summer South Hills
Off the Avenue Antiques
ask for April
1000 Mills Street, Coraoplis PA 15108
J&J's Family Restaurant
Kimberly is the one who has tickets
300 Shiloh Street, Mount Washington Pittsburgh PA 15211