Toronto University, College & Graduate Students Meet Up Message Board › Meetup details changed: HTML +CSS

Meetup details changed: HTML +CSS

Peter M.
pmeth
Acton, ON
Hi Everyone,

Looks like Meetup went ahead and implemented a new feature that lets any member create a meetup, and book a date and location.  I think this must have replaced the "Suggest a Meetup" feature.  While it is a neat idea, it can lead to some confusion.  There is no meetup actually booked atn the library called "HTML+CSS".  For now, I have changed the date (because it doesn't seem to let me delete the date) and removed the location.  Hopefully this makes it clear to members that this meetup is only a "suggestion".

Sorry for this.  I don't mean to stifle the group and I certainly encourage other members to come up with meetup ideas and even take on some of the workload when planning them.  I just didn't realize that this new feature existed and how it functioned.

Peter

PS.  I am going to be booking a new meetup for April 5 in conjunction with the PHP Meetup group.  Keep your eyes open for that in the next few minutes.