May 31, 2012 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
OpenStack Essex Deploy Day - May[masked]
The OpenStack Deploy hack-a-thon focuses on automation for deploying OpenStack Essex with Dell Crowbar and Opscode Chef. This is a day-long, world-wide event bringing together developers, operators, users, ecosystem vendors and the open source cloud curious. (read below: We are looking for global sites and leaders to extend the event hours!)
OpenStack is the fastest growing open source cloud infrastructure project with broad market adoption from major hardware and software vendors. Crowbar is an Apache 2 licensed, open infrastructure deployment tool and is one of the leading multi-node deployers for OpenStack and Hadoop.
Learn first-hand how OpenStack and Crowbar can make it easy to deploy and operate your own cloud environments.
The Deploy day will offer two individual parallel tracks for Newbies and Experts:
- Newbies will learn the basics of OpenStack, Crowbar and DevOps and how they can benefit your organization. We'll also have time for ecosystem vendors to discuss how they are leveraging OpenStack.
- Experts will take a deep dive into new features of OpenStack Essex and Crowbar, and learn how Crowbar works under the hood, which will enable them to extend the product using Crowbar Barclamps.
Why now? We've validated our deployment against the latest release of OpenStack. Now it's time to reach out to the OpenStack and Crowbar communities for training, testing and collaborative development. We'd love to get you up to speed on the basics and dive deep into the core, so join the event!
We have simultaneous online and physical locations all day.
Join us on-line:
Join us at locations across the country (registration closes 5/29):
NEW! - 6 US locations and locations in Europe and Asia!
All the info here:
- Austin: Tech Ranch Austin (9111 Jollyville Rd #100, Austin, TX)
- Boston: Maxwell Dworkin Building
- Room #123, Harvard University, 33 Oxford St, Cambridge MA 02138
- Register here.
- New York: Dell Cloud Solutions Center - 1 Penn Plaza
- Access by Registration ONLY: here.
- Sunnyvale, CA: Silicon Valley Cloud Center, 222 Caspian Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94089
- Your local site?: You can host a location for your OpenStack user group. We are trying to get EXTENDED TIME ZONE coverage in Europe, Asia, & South America - please contact us!
Event Contact Info: