Orlando Spiritual Topics Book Club Message Board › When God gives you what you can handle questions about....

When God gives you what you can handle questions about....

A former member
Post #: 1
When someone is going through a rough period, sometimes someone will make the comment that God only gives you what you can handle. If if was a challenge that you worked through, then this comment is easily acceptable. When a tragedy happens, you question the comment.

However, I've known people who have gone through some really tragic things and sometimes you really wonder about that statement. Case and point would be a woman I knew whose son died a horrible death many years ago and most likely was in terrible pain right before he died. He was 19 years old and his death was a shock to everyone that knew the family. I can't imagine the pain and shock the family went through. I don't' know if anyone made this comment to her (hopefully they didn't) but I remember months later overhearing her telling someone that she was at her limit as far as that comment went.