Join the folks at Apigee for a free one-day training course to learn everything you need to know to build your first mobile app — with HTML5+PhoneGap+jQuery+Usergrid!
REGISTER FOR FREE ON EVENTBRITE!
As taken by over 3,000 people in San Francisco, New York, Austin, Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Seattle and more!
The classes are completely free (and all the software & services we’ll be using are too — most of them are even open-source)
By the end of the workshop, we will have built a fully-featured app, ready for release on the app store, without having written a single line of server-side code!
• A laptop: minimum OS requirements are Mac OS X[masked], Windows XP, or any linux that supports JDK6
• A working install of PhoneGap/Cordova. Please download PhoneGap and complete the “Platform Guide” for your preferred platform (iOS, Android, etc.) ahead of the class.
• 8:30am: Doors open — registration and coffee
• Intro HTML5 and Mobile Apps
• Building a mobile user interface with jQuery Mobile
• Loading live data into your app (Usergrid)
• noon: Lunch break (provided by Apigee)
• Writing live data from your app
• Package and launch your app natively on iOS or Android with PhoneGap
• Using advanced features like geolocation
• 4pm: Q&A and drinkup! (Beers provided by Apigee.)
About the Instructor
Greg is a Developer Evangelist at Apigee. Greg has been working in the web industry literally since the web was born – he was hand-coding HTML before the table tag was even "invented". His career has taken him around the world, from the early days of desktop publishing, to a start-up in Hamburg, Germany where he helped build one of the first HTML authoring tools, the glory days of the web at Macromedia as the Technical Product Manager for Dreamweaver, and finally his role as Principal Evangelist at Adobe prior to joining Apigee. Greg has spoken about web technologies at over 300 industry conferences around the world, as well as being a published author.