align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Over 40 and Kicking It Up Adventure and Social Club Message Board › New Meetup: **HOLD DA DATE**: NYC Wild Tour!!

New Meetup: **HOLD DA DATE**: NYC Wild Tour!!

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Over 40 and Kicking It Up Adventure and Social Club!

What: **HOLD DA DATE**: NYC Wild Tour!!
When: Friday, October 21, 2011 10:00 PM

Where: New York City!
123 Broadway
NY, NY 10007

UNDER CONSTRUCTION:

CALLING ON IDEA Providers!

We are starting to research a Friday evening through Sunday morning NYC jaunt!

Framework (VEEERRRY Tentative - we can build anything - but the date is the best/firm to avoid holidays and marathons, etc.):

• Leaving Arlington Friday evening late (after 9pm - maybe after a restaurant/drink outing here?) > all on one, reserved bus (will not be flexible)... if we can leave earlier (2-6pm) we can save some money on existing buses (but you will have an additional hotel stay)
  • Arrive NYC 4-5am for breakfast (party or sleep on the bus beforehand as desired)
  • Some loose and some orchestrated activities during the day (e.g., dispersal to Central Park, double-decker tour buses, Empire State Building, the 'Statue', etc.)
  • Organized dinner and show and drinks [the options are endless and the 'Vamoose' Bus coordinator (leading contender of three lines I have pinged) has wonderful ideas/options/discounts!!]. He can hook us up together or separately - his examples were mind-boggling (and I have been there many times).
  • Hotel stay (assumed together but anything can be arranged)
  • Sunday morning breakfast or brunch together [it was offered that if we have a group they would honor varying returns on six (6) buses leaving NYC starting at 0900 -- for those who want to stay a good portion of Sunday there].

AGAIN, just a start.

REQUEST YOUR RESPONSES TO THE THOT AND OPTIONS. This will not be cheap; but could be invaluable.

As ideas flow and options set, we will institute a PayPal registration process

Ready, Set, Go......

Check it out!
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm in favor of leaving by midday on Friday so we can avoid the traffic and have more time for fun!
Special K
user 5604732
Dumfries, VA
Post #: 4
I use to live in NYC and yes there is much to see and do. I haven't been back in a while. Since there are two days and it takes time to catch buses/subways, etc. I recommend we do Upper Manhattan on day 1 and Lower Manhattan on Day 2. I know where all the hotspots are in Midtown and Upper Manhattan and would be happy to draw up a plan in this order (Eastside Tram, Central Park (many activities), Tiffany, Trump Tower, Sax, Radio City, Timesquare, 34th Street(Macy, Penn Station, Empire State Bld). This is just a snippet.

I recommend having dinner downtown in Greenich Village or below (little Italy, China Town, Indian Village). Since it is the Fashion Capitol there are many discount shops in Midtown, and Herbert Bergoff Acting Studio's allows you to screen a class for a minimual fee and possibly meet current/future stars.

I haven't been back to NYC since before 911 and I and others may want to visit this spot which is near Wall Street, Southstreet Seaport (similar to Baltimore harbor shops), and catch the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. That's all for now....

Kitsy
540-273-1564
A former member
Post #: 14
This is great! All wonderful ideas and I would like to leverage your knowledge and energy... not sure the reason (your posting looks like it was disconnected from the chain of inputs) but this has tentatively been moved to Feb/Mar 2012. I will try to call you in a bit.. Thanx.. alex