addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Over 40 and Kicking It Up Adventure and Social Club Message Board › Secret Passage Ranch - Past and Future Events

Secret Passage Ranch - Past and Future Events

A former member
Greetings Horse Enthusiasts!

I'm so grateful that you all came to enjoy the food, camaraderie, beautiful scenery, and the horses at Secret Passage Ranch.  Don and his crew gave us a rare opportunity to learn before we rode, and allowed us to ride without being nose-to-tail on a narrow trail for a one-hour ride.

Each of your contributions to the event, from the good food you brought, to your enthusiasm for enjoying the event (despite the rain), all made the event memorable.

Many of you asked about future events, and I spent some time with Don Sunday afternoon getting ideas. Here are a few:

** A two-hour ride through the woods and up through the hillside.  He said about half of the group was ready for this kind of ride, and it would cost $40.

** OVERNIGHT: Leaving at 2:00pm on a Saturday:  a four hour ride up and over the mountain, cooking and camping out at a lake (and swim), then returning Sunday by 2:00.  Pack horses would be used for gear, and approximately 15 people could attend this event at the cost of $115.  He said half of the group would be ready for this ride;  anyone who did not attend last weekend, would have to go on the two-hour ride first, or have Don watch them ride before being allowed to go.

Last, I am organizing a Women's only event June 9-10, which includes learning to shoot a handgun, a cookout and tent campout, and then riding horses on Sunday the 10th.  Feel free to join us for any or all of the above elements of the event.  For more information, please visit[/url].

Thanks for all you did to make the weekend awesome!

See ya'll 'round the ranch!

A former member
Post #: 2
Heide, I'd be interested in both of the events. I had a great time and would love to ride more! Keep us posted.

A former member
Post #: 134
Heide - Congratulations on your great outdoor event; I know you put a lot of work and resources in it, but you made many folks truly happy, and they learned a lot about horseback riding as well as experiencing the natural beauty of those forested mountains.

I would be very interested in the horseback riding activity you propose, either the short one or the long one, but, of course, I could make it only if it works out logistically vis-à-vis with my own events.

And what you propose regarding a women's handgun training, that is an excellent concept. Last year, when I hosted a similar event at a NRA shooting range that was a coed handgun class, many of the ladies were not as comfortable with the male instructors as they were with the women instructors. So, that would really work for our ladies if you did a women's-only session.

As Louis L'amour would say, you are woman to ride the river with. - Bob
A former member
Post #: 2
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make this event, but would love to do the overnight (with Don's approval) and the women's only event. Please keep me posted
A former member
Post #: 3
It was a great event. I would be interested in doing anything there again.
A former member
Post #: 8
I would love to go. I've done some horseback riding in other venus.

I'm up for the 2 hr or camping event.