Positively Veg*n Message Board › FIRE AT ANIMAL AID
Delray Beach, FL
Animal Aid suffered a terrible loss Sunday morning. Apparently a homeless person went into their "new" spay/neuter van to keep warm and must have started a fire. It's totally demolished and the smoke went into the shelter and possibly the thrift store. They are getting the animals out.
As most of you know Tamera (Animal Aid) offers low cost spaying and neutering to the general public. They are the only shelter in Boca Raton that offers this to people. The spay and neuter van was just getting ready to go on the road to do spaying and neutering at a very low cost.
They only had liability insurance.
I don't know how much damage was in the shelter and/or thrift store, but as most of you know fire and smoke damage ruins everything. So I'm guessing they will need to clean up, paint and start all over.
Needless to say they need donations!!! Animal Aid, Inc., 2266 North Dixie Highway, Boca Raton, 33431. Please write on your check "Fire Fund".