addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New England Patriots Nation of Tampa Message Board › Reviewing Pats-Saints Game-MY Worthless Opinions-Ups and Downs

Reviewing Pats-Saints Game-MY Worthless Opinions-Ups and Downs

Tampa, FL
Post #: 29
smile Hi All.

Not that anyone should listen to ME but here is some of my thoughts on how the Pats looked last night. Did not know where else to post so if Interested here goes.

1) Chandler Jones is the REAL DEAL. Fast, Strong, Caused Havoc with First Team. Drew two holding penalties although the Refs were Terrible. PATS have a PASS RUSHER.

2) Donte Hightower can play. Did not make any spectacular plays but you could see athleticism. Powerful, Fast. Got blown off ball only one time while in there.

3) Shane Vereen looked like Marshall Faulk. Played against second and third stringers but was decisive, fast, shifty. He can PLAY.

4) Ridley looked exactly like he did last year. Averaged five yards a carry. But missed a block in pass protection.

5) Safetys looked ok. Chung all over field. Gregory had interception and some tackles. The second round draft choice Tavon Wilson is solid and made some nice tackles and always seemed in position.

6) Brandon Lloyd was OK. Dropped first pass thrown to him and his one reception was called back on holding penalty. Still needs timing work from Brady. None of other receivers distinguished themselves.

7) Backup Lineman Trevor Scott and Jake Bequette each had sack and applied good pressure.

8) Wilfork and Love solid in middle.

NOW the Bad Stuff.

Offensive Line was a Sieve. Solder was Terrible and the rest of the line was not much better, Marcus Cannon included. Brady better make sure his health insurance is paid up if he plays again behind this line.

For those that hope that Ryan Mallett is Brady's heir apparent. Keep Hoping. NOT gonna happen Hoyer was OK but we have to HOPE neither get to play this year in meaningful minutes.

Pats still have NO kickoff or Punt Return game.

Defense played well as a unit together but McCourty still got turned around twice and Arrington and Sterling Moore were both beaten easily. Still work to do.

That's it. Have to do some Real Work now. Oh forgot. Bob Kraft's guest in booth was John Calipari for what that is worth.