Pay It Forward, Sharing Coupon Savings Message Board › new heb coupon policy?

new heb coupon policy?

Dana
user 24400132
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 3
I recently "shopped", at the Pflugerville HEB, and was told that they would no longer stack the big saving yellow coupons with the manufacture coupon crying. I later called one of the round rock HEB's and was told a different story; if it scans, we will accept it. not all my coupons for the items went through, but they pushed them through anyways seeing as the stack was legitimate. smile Has anyone else had this problem with the recent "change" in policy? Or, was it just a store by store policy.
A former member
Post #: 68
I work at HEB and as of today 1/3/2012 we can still accept manufacture coupons combined with the following: (catalina "M", printed (must scan), Big Savings & Store, and newspaper (RP, SS, P&G) as long as it follows our HEB Coupon Policy (same product/size/exp. date).

We (cashiers) have not been informed of a coupon change when combining "M" coupons with our HEB coupons.

I have found that many cashiers are not familiar with HEB coupon policy. For instance I used the Revlon 5.00 Manufacture coupon with an HEB "B" 3.00 coupon for an 9.97 Revlon foundation and the cashier (11 years with HEB) was unaware of the coupon combinationshock

as for your questions, as a cashier we have not been informed of a coupon policy change and as you can read on the following link (update 11/2011) there has been no change
http://www.heb.com/pa...­

as a customer I have found that many cashiers are not familiar with the coupon policy.

you may want to print out the policy above. the policy does not state the printed coupon must scan.
as cashiers we are given a list of coupons which are fraudelent or altered and refuse those but accept all if for the correct product and not expired.

and for your last statement. Each store is different and that is why having a copy of the coupon policy is best so you can ask the cashier to read it or call the manager.

fyi:
requesting a manager will get you them coupons granted and out alot faster.

oh and fyi because this is not on the coupon policy.

them BOGO coupons all over the store? We accept a coupon for the item we are asking you to purchase. example: buy folgers (4 oz or greater) get free HEB coffee (4 oz or greater). There is always foldgers coupons to use with BOGO coupon which is used to make the item free.

I have found that each store is different when it comes to cashiers. if you are armed with the coupon policy and the cashier is refusing them always ask for a manager.
unfortunelty each store is different because not all cashiers are trained correctly.

Hope I answered your questions,
and I apologize for the repeated scenerios I still trying to wake up this a.m.

Your Coupon Friendly HEB Cashier,
Ana
Dana
user 24400132
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 4
thank you so much for the insight! i might have to keep the manager of the pville HEB on speed dial. i mean i had to drive all the way to Round Rock for the Tampax, and always deal; .84 cents a box.

Dana
D.J.
user 3263547
Group Organizer
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 392
It's always a good idea to know the coupon policy and to have the policy printed out and with you in your binder.

The easiest way to remember HEB's policy is they will NOT stack Mfr. coupons with their Yellow Type M unless it is Buy X and get X free, (if you have a Mfr. Coupon for the "Buy X" item you can use a mfr. coupon on that). They WILL accept/stack Mfr. coupons with their Type S or B coupons.

We do have to be patient because we usually are educating the cashiers.

Good Luck!
Dana
user 24400132
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 5
i actually had the policy with me, and was informed that, the policy that i had was old. and that they would no longer take even Big Savings! coupons with manufacture coupons. But, later going to the round rock HEB. they informed me that if it scans than they will accept it.

I live insanely close to the Pflugerville HEB and i don't know what it is about the cashiers there. Almost everyone one that i get doesn't seem to want to be there or something because i am almost always met with discontent.

I went there last night and got free Carefree pantyliners and used there "yellow" manufacture coupon for it.
the liners were .92 and they had a 1.00 off coupon. amazing deal. The cashier looked at me as if i had concocted this coupon from thin air. I used to be a cashier and i know what its like, but man it really makes me not want to shop there anymore. that HEB is the reason they invented self check out. lol
A former member
Post #: 69
I am sorry you all are having such difficulties with the coupons at HEB. As of last night there has not been a change in coupon policy.
It is unfortunate that each store is different but that is due to the front end "trainers"

I have moved from the Georgetown Store to Round Rock #1 (old Albertson) on Gattis School and Red Bud and would be happy to take coupons.

You will notice (as I did and other transfers) that this store is more cleaner, laid back and cashiers are coupon friendly.

Maybe take a drive out and see the difference?

Ana

Dana
user 24400132
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 6
That's an awesome idea. A place that is coupon friendly! that would be a great change from the mayhem that ive experienced. thank you!