addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Peninsula Jammers Message Board › Helpful Tip for Jammers, (I find these tips make for some of the best jam

Helpful Tip for Jammers, (I find these tips make for some of the best jam

Cherie
user 12381113
Pacifica, CA
Post #: 9
Over the last 2 years I've been hosting jams, I found these basic principles make for the best jams. Just thought I'd share my experience for those who might host their own jams.

Only 2 guitarists play at one time. I'll ask you your skill level and your style of music so I can group guitarists and drummers

Turn it down, we can always turn it up.

Each set will have a band leader (3 to 4 songs)i.e. slow it down, quieter, louder, Musicians need to look at each other to talk about what's coming next, Eye contact is key. WE ARE THE BAND for that set. Let's rule it!!

Bring your chord/lyric sheets, nothing more frustrating is to watch you all learn the song for 10 min, when a chord sheet/lyric sheet would fix it in 1 minute, Please come prepared with your songs,

Do bring the MP3, sometimes a 1 min listen of the song does wonders for the song, original or cover

Love the art of free jam, no worries, but call out your chords and start us off