Peninsula Dog Owners Message Board › Robotic Vacuum for Pet Hair

Robotic Vacuum for Pet Hair

craftychar
user 72783732
Danville, CA
Post #: 4
Hi-
I am considering buying a robotic vacuum cleaner, a Neato XV-21. I saw it on Ellen DeGeneres Xmas giveaway show. It is supposed to be good for people with allergies and pets...we have both in our house.

Anyone else have one of these or feedback to share? I am in love with the idea of a robot doing my vacuuming and found a great deal online ($45 cheaper than Amazon) at chachabee.com http://shop.chachabee.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=945-0041­. Trying to keep on top of the prolific dust/fur/crumb "bunnies".

Thanks in advance for reading my post and giving your feedback,
Char
melokazi
user 101560842
Redwood City, CA
Post #: 1
No, but you do have to have tidy floors. Most robots will fail to negotiate things like cables and clutter that can be sucked in. They have ways of dealing with it – the roobma will reverse the brushes and back up in an attempt to spit out cables for example, but for routine use you do need to "roomba-ise" the floors and keep them that way. I don't really see this as a negative as it makes you keep your floors tidy :)

The bot will certainly work around and between chair legs. The roomba (only bot I have experience of) will use several different patterns to cover the whole room and make its way around furniture. So long as it can physically get between the chair legs it will clean under the table fine.

What a lot of people don't get is that it seems to do these things in a slow, cumbersome, largely random fashion taking six times as long to clean a room as it would take you with a barrel vac. This is true – but the point overlooked is that you don't stand there watching it, you go find something better to do and come back later to a clean floor.
http://www.amazon.com...­ $494 now, good deal!