Come learn about the best practices associated with building large-scale commercial-grade systems. If you are interested in hearing about the technical challenges of building systems at HUGE scale, systems that utilize technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MPP databases, and more, then this will be an event you will not want to miss.
We will have a panel featuring:
- Adam Faris, LinkedIn Senior Grid Systems Engineer
- Guenther Schmuelling, Software Engineer
- Doug Judd, CEO Hypertable
- Sean Suchter, Moderator
Examples at HUGE scale will include:
• Large-scale Web Search with automatic self-healing
• Ingesting large amounts of data from social feeds like Facebook and Twitter
• Real-time streaming of data and the critical importance of clock synchronization
• OpenTSDB challenges at large scale with HBase
We will discuss the attributes of these systems, which require high computational, storage and communication performance, and high resilience which make them attractive in industry as computing infrastructures.
6:00 Arrive – Free drinks & appetizers
6:30 Kickoff – Introductions
6:45 Large-Scale Distributed Systems Discussion
8:00 iPad Mini Giveaway!
Pepperdata was founded by former Yahoo and Microsoft executives Sean Suchter and Chad Carson, who bring real-world experience as the first users of large commercial Hadoop clusters at Yahoo, and then used large-scale, high-velocity data at Microsoft to join social data from Facebook and Twitter with Bing web search.
More @pepperdata or http://www.pepperdata.com. We’re also hiring! Visit www.pepperdata.com/careers for more information.