This group is for anyone who is interested in any geek topic: sci-fi/fantasy, anime, comics, manga, gaming, movies, etc.
The purpose of this group is to meet people in person who share our interests and our reasons for enjoying it. It's a social gathering over dinner at a restaurant, movie, or other places.
RULES FOR MEMBERSHIP:
1. All members please RSVP with a Yes or Maybe (just say maybe with an RSVP since there's no "Maybe" button) to each of the Meetup events if you plan on coming. (If you're a "No" then not RSVPing is fine. However, if you're a "Yes" or "Maybe" please RSVP in case reservations need to be made). Locations can vary.
2. Members will ensure that their RSVP is current by checking the event listing. If you are currently a No, but are able to attend, please change your RSVP to Yes. If you are a Yes, but are not able to attend, please change your RSVP to a No. These changes should please occur by 1 hour before the Meetup if possible so that we know if we should wait and/or look for you at the meet up.
3. If you are listed as a YES, but discover you are unable to attend at the last minute (less than 1 hour prior to Meetup), please drop me or any organizer a private email or text (up to 24 hours after the Meetup if possible) to ensure you are not listed as a No Show. Members are allowed a maximum of 2 No Shows every six months before being removed for no attendance. Keep in mind a "No Show" is just when you RSVP "Yes" and don't show without letting anyone know. This is especially important for those occasions where we are waiting for everyone to show before going somewhere or carpooling, or may meet at a small venue where there is a limit of how many people can attend and there is a waiting list. Please update with "No" so someone else could go.
4. Participation is required. All members are required to attend a Meetup at least once every 6 months.
5. All suggestions for events should be sent to the Organizers directly.
6. Members are prohibited from posting personal contact info in their profiles, message board, or in RSVP/comments for event listings. For direct contact with specific members please use the email option provided by Meetup.com.
7. You must ask before cross-promoting Geekdom events on other meetups.
8. All members will be respectful to this group's members and its rules.
9. If indeed you have read all these rules please reply with a "+Yes" on your profile where it asks if you have read and agree.
Should a member fail to meet these requirements they will be removed from this group.
Soliciting on the behalf of business, political, media, or religious groups without permission of the Pittsburgh Geekdom Meetup Organizers is not allowed. In short, let's keep it drama free and fun.
Disruptive or disorderly conduct is grounds for immediate dismissal from the group.
The use of photographic or video/audio recording devices of any kind is strictly prohibited without prior express permission from the Pittsburgh Geekdom Meetup Organizers and participants. In short, ask before you take pictures or record anything to make sure it's ok with others.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Pittsburgh Geekdom||May 21, 2012 1:39 AM||anonymous|