Jessica S.
user 24985112
Philadelphia, PA
It has been brought to my attention that the meetup map is wrong and leads you to the shopping center. The other issue is that they recently spent a couple hours at the park and didn't find any mushrooms. They did, however, find lots of wild nettles among other things, which I'll list below.

Feel free to set up another location. I'm out of town, so not much help here. The site is for anyone to use. Morels especially like ash, elms, apple, tulip poplars, old burn sites.

Hugh Brenner of Nature Studies sent me this wonderful info regarding the directions to the park:
If they want to go, they should go to the Manoa Shopping Center on Rt 3 (West Chester Pike) in Havertown 19083. The stoplight in front of the shopping center is where Glendale road starts. Go down Glendale 1 mile and the Park and Merry Place is on the right. I spent two hours in the woods at Merry Place and downstream along Darby Creek and I found no mushrooms except for a dried-up shelf mushroom.

I did find masses of Common Nettle just starting to go to flower, so now is the last chance to harvest it. The nettle in the shade isn't quite flowering yet. To pick nettle bring gloves, scissors and a bag. I made some Swedish nettle soup last week, yum. Nettle is supposed to be great for allergies, amongst other things. I also found dandelion, yellow dock, jewelweed - apply for nettle sting, milkweed, (dogbane - looks like milkweed, but more slender leaves; not edible but great for cordage, use last year's desiccated stems), dead nettle, cleavers, ground ivy, garlic mustard, yellow mustard, ticks, poison ivy, clear-weed, curly dock, yellow dock, Spring Beauty - small starch bulbs, Japanese knotweed, mayapple, honeysuckle bush, Lesser Celandine, wild roses, various apple and cherry trees in blossom, grape vines, spicebush, poke, wild hops, phragmites, chickweed, plantains, ground ivy, canadian thistle, Wood Nettle, False Nettle, Mulberry (almost ready), devils walking stick, ginger, jack-in-the-pulpet, and last but not least, skunk cabbage.