addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Philadelphia Robotics Group Message Board › Trenton Computer Festival - April 2 - 3

Trenton Computer Festival - April 2 - 3

George
george05
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 357
I just came across this event: The 36th Annual Trenton Computer Festival

It turns out there's an all-day Arduino workshop on Saturday -www.tcf-nj.org/speakerchart2011.pdf­
Roy B
user 4594812
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 18
Thanks for the heads-up, George.

It appears the arduino workshop will be given by a member of FUBAR, which is a sister hackerspace of the Hive. I would think that should be worthwhile. There's also a few classes on the PIC microprocessor which may be useful even if you don't use a PIC. There's also a LEGO mindstorms class.

I do need to warn you, however. Kath, Nelson, and I went last year. We were disappointed - or at least I was. They advertised a robot demo, which no one there knew anything about. The one lecture I attended (on C++) was not very good. The keynote speaker - the famous Richard Stallman of FSF - spent a lot of time complaining about the organizers and bringing his politics into the talk. We walked out in the middle. There were some vendors, but I thought they were lame.

If you do go, please report back.

- Roy

p.s. We are in touch with FUBAR members to provide a microprocessor class/tutorial/workshop for the robot club and the Hive.