How can I feel a part of the group when every one seems to know each other?
- Please post a picture and small profile of yourself.
- Networking with other members through emails and shouts is highly encouraged.
- Honest RSVP is a must. An improper RSVP is unfair to our organizers and fellow members.
- RSVP of "Yes" is a PAID rsvp if there is meetup fee involved. Please pay immediately through PayPal as directed by your organizer.
- If you have paid in advance for an event but are unable to attend you may be comped for a future event unless directed otherwise by the event organizer. i.e. advance seating for a concert/show cannot be refunded/comped if you do not attend
- Some of our events are free to attend. But please be prepared to patronize the establishment that is hosting the event by buying a drink or food.
- Photographs will be taken of all attendees at meetup events and posted on our site.
- All members have a voice. Use of the message board is encouraged.
New members show up to every event. We also apreciate our loyal members that come out to hang out.
As an organizer, I am more than willing to help break the ice. Mark Anthony and Ashley can walk you through the crowd and personally introduce to you our members. Do not be afraid to come by yourself. Please hitch on to an organizer and they can help you build the relationships you need at our events. Our members our friendly and engaging. So if you are the shy type, please call on your organizers to help you with the introductions you need so your time is much more enjoyable.
Hey I don't have a business card-why should I stop by?
It is okay if you don't have a business card. We understand that some people have the kind of business or career where a card can't be freely passed around. But we do suggest that you have at least a personal contact card which has at your name and email. This is perfectly acceptable. Don't feel pressured to give your phone number. You can give he /she your contact card especially to that person who may prospect you for your business.
Also, most phones have the capability of beaming an electronic business card to another person?s phone.
What is the meetup group comprised of?
We encourage all members to post a picture and a small profile of themselves. You can then browse to see who has recently joined and give them a shout.
Our meetup group is comprised of a good mix entrepreneurs, small business owners, and professionals representing the best of Philadelphia. The ages of our members makeup a wide range.
Check the pictures of our past events.
Are there single people at these events?
I always say that there is a fine line between networking and flirting.
I have personally hooked people up together in this meetup group. I have also seen personal relationships blossom through this meetup group. I am even aware of the hidden relationships. (lol) Primarily this is a group that promotes building your professional & social network. But please be respectful of your fellow members as you cross the line of networking and into the realm of flirting.
Mark Anthony Jenkins
President / Organizer