In June of 1720, Captain "Black" Bart Roberts led his ship in to chilly Newfoundland waters. Under the dreaded Jolly Roger, Roberts raided 34 vessels and intimidated all of their captains by forcing them to run to his attention when he beckoned them with a single gunshot into the air.
When Bart had enough of the cold weather, he set fire to all of the ships and headed south. On the way, he captured another 9 or 10 French vessels, commandeered one which he named the "Good Fortune" and set sail for the Caribbean.
I say, if that kind of vacation is good enough for Black Bart, then it's good enough for us. So after your long, arduous week of pillage and plunder, join me, maties, for our own Good Fortune. It's a night of food, music and dancin' that awaits us at the Reef Caribbean Lounge!
Drink up, me 'earties ... Yo Ho!
1. DINNER -- Don't miss a taste of the islands at the Reef Caribbean Lounge!
2. MUSIC & DANCING -- from 10pm to 2am it's Reggae, Soca, Salsa, R&B and more by DJ Ross and Peter Black. Because we're arriving before 11pm, the musical entertainment is free. Dancing is optional, but I'm game. Who's with me?!
NOTE the DRESS CODE -- NO Baseball Caps, White Tees, Athletic Apparels, Sweat Suites, Hooded Gear. Peg legs and eye patches welcome, but please leave Polly at the door. Arr!
Please use the "MAYBE" option, if:
1. You're unsure of whether or not you can make the event; or
2. You're not totally committed to coming. (You can always change it later.)
PLEASE ONLY RSVP "YES," IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO ATTENDING THE EVENT.
Reason for this is that the events have been filling up quickly; and some members who have been RSVPing "Yes" shortly after the announcement wind up cancelling last minute or simply not showing up.
Since those folks were taking up "Yes" spots, others who really wanted to attend the event (and were definitely committed to coming ... just not as quick on the trigger) were not able to attend.
Everyone has things pop up, and that's understandable. But for those with schedules which are more prone to change, please make sure you RSVP appropriately to be courteous to other members.
Usual rules apply...
Three quick things you need to know:
1) Make sure you RSVP right away since our reservation is limited to 15 people.
2) To help defray the costs of the website, $1 will be added to your bill at the restaurant. Small price to pay for great food and great company!
3) If you happen to arrive before I do, the reservation is in my name (Charles).
RSVP & Waitlisting
One final note ... Please stay true to your RSVP. If you don't think you can make it make it, please change your RSVP "NO," so others can join in the fun. (Likewise, if you want to participate in the event, but it's already filled up; RSVP "NO" and put "Waitlist me" in the response section. I'll contact you if any spaces open up.)
Reef Caribbean Lounge
605 S. Third St.