! Philly Phoodies ! Message Board › New $10 pre-registration policy

New $10 pre-registration policy

A former member
Post #: 21
Hi, Mona, first of all, kudos on the Palm meetup. Really enjoyed it. A very friendly group, and you are a terrific organizer. I hope you aren't still disheartened by some people failing to show up. I do understand your frustration, which is certainly justified.
I do understand the reason for starting a $10 pre-registration policy for events. However, I must e spress my concern and dissatisfaction, due to my personal tech-challenged circumstances. Right now, the only internet access I have is via my non-smart phone web, and I don't have the tech capability to pay the money ahead of time, even though I'd be more than happy to comply if I could. I certainly don't want to make matters difficult and add to the hassles for the organizers.
I do like the group a lot, and would love to continue participating.Unfortunately, I may not be able to, due to this new pre-registration policy. This causes me much regret and disappointment.
Again, sorry to add to the stresses of being an organizer.This is certainly not my preference or intention. I would like you to reconsider, though.
Thanks for your time.
Adrienne
A former member
Post #: 33
I like what Jennifer did on the La Croix Meetup where she adjusted the final count and listed the "no shows".

http://www.meetup.com...­

Great idea that I think should become a trend for all Meetup groups. No shows are a huge problem and those who sign up and don't show up keep others from attending and should be held accountable to their commitment. It's not fair to the organizer, the restaurant or the group. Aren't we all adults here?

I don't have a problem with the asking for a registration fee, though I wish it were not necessary, to ensure that those who sign up show up, but I'm not sure why you charge a $2.00 event fee when you don't pay the fee charged by Meetup.com for having a Meetup site. Apparently, Ed the organizer pays for it.

If you are planning events and he is graciously paying the monthly fees for the cost of running the site, then it seems to me that you are planning events for our own enjoyment, so why the $2.00 fee. Others in this group are not charging a fee. It seems odd to me and, yes, I do know there is work involved but it seems that the events are for your personal enjoyment; therefore, I don't see the reasoning behind the Meetup event fee.

Thank you Ed for setting up this group and paying for the monthly Meetup fees and allowing anyone who wants to be an event host or organizer to plan any event they want at your expense. It's most generous of you and this is a really fun active group and a very novel idea in how to organize a Meetup group.

Anyone can have the ability to organize events. You just have to contact Ed and he will adjust the settings of the site to allow you to do so.