This group is open to all skill levels of meditators and artists working in all modalities and media, including, for example, chefs, filmmakers, theater directors, composers, graffiti, street art, musicians, comedians, sculptors, sketchers, etc.
During this meetup you use your choice of art form to develop your creativity skills, meditate and explore ideas on related topics. A variety of modalities often encourages a deeper, more engaged process for all involved. What medium and what implements will you use for this meetup?
In the crucible of a mindful, creative group process, new insight, perspective, meaning and wisdom are forged, and coherent and catalytic works of art may be given life. What will you bring forth?
Practicing these skills within the framework of playful group practice cultivates cross-pollination, confidence, community and creative consciousness in daily life. Join us for one evening, or make a habit of working in the fire of the communal stillpoint.
We meet the 3rd Friday evening of each month, and drop-ins are welcome.
**FIRST TIMERS** PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING. Thanks!
1) To receive access info please email [masked] or visit us on Facebook to send us a message there - www.facebook.com/mindfulphoenixtree
2) Please bring your own writing, art- or music-making, or other creative process supplies and materials. Also, consider the impact your process will have on other participants. Our group meditation practice opens us, so working cross-modally must be done with attuned awareness for the practice to be beneficial. Please contact the organizer if you have any questions. She loves to explore this process with others.
3) Despite what the price section states above, Mindful Mosaic is a generosity economy* program, and it's open to people of all skill levels in both meditation and creative work. It's especially open to those who feel that they aren't an artist, aren't creative or who feel blocked or otherwise at odds with their creative selves.
4) Doors open about 6:45 and will be closed for the duration of the meeting at about 7:30.
Unfortunately, there is no ADA access at this time.
6:55 Settle in
7:15 Topic Talk
8:05 Arts practice
* Generosity Economy is an economic alternative to the current currency exchange convention. It's friendlier and pretty straightforward. I share my experience as a teacher, expressive arts psychologist, meditator, and contemplative. And I trust you to share with me, at the time of the meeting, what you consider fair value for my work - from which I make my living.
It's an old idea based on mutual trust, appreciation and gratitude. An idea that can be part of an outlook on life that may create a better experience for all involved, since it reflects the mutual interdependence of our lives more so than does the current form of economy.
(The posted price of $.01, hopefully, let's you know that there's something to look into regarding the price, that you need to look further than that part of the profile to find out what the story is. Meetup doesn't have a format that allows this kind of exchange to be readily presented.)
Mindful Mosaic is a program of Phoenix Tree: The Art of Mindfulness, Mindful Artistry