Photographic Lighting Workshops Message Board › One Year ago, this Evening

One Year ago, this Evening

David L.
user 4576158
Group Organizer
Chandler, AZ
Dear members of the Photographic Lighting Workshops,

I was reminded by the editorial staff of Meetup.com this evening, that I had launched the Photographic Lighting Workshops one year ago this evening, Dec 30, 2011.

Having then recently taught a semester of Digital Photography at Scottsdale Community College, in which I included Lighting, as a large portion of the class curriculum, as well as having tutored several photographers individually; in the use of off camera flash for portrait lighting, I felt it was time to create a series of Lighting Workshops that several photographers could attend simultaneously and learn together. With the launch, last December and the first workshop commencing last February, we have enjoyed several Lighting Workshops together over the past year.

Locations:

We ventured to the beautiful park setting of the Scottsdale Civic Center, the mountains of Payson, AZ, Catalina Island and a very special 40's Hollywood Lighting Workshop at the Falcon Field Air Museum. Several hundred wonderful photographs have resulted, that you can see on our site.

The frequency of the workshops is every 4 to 6 weeks and this Jan 5th, 2013 will mark our 10 Lighting Workshop.

Certificate of Completion:

I now include a special Certificate of Completion for every attending photographer who submits full resolution digital files that I may provide to our lovely models.

If you are new to our group or have not yet attended one of our Workshops, take a look through our galleries and join us in 2013 for an exciting new year of Photographic Lighting.

For those of you who have attended our Lighting Workshops, I would like to thank you for your participation in helping to make this group well worth attending and supporting the learning environment.

Our Lovely Models:

Attending our Lighting Workshops, also helps support our lovely models, who work hard to provide you with lovely subjects to photograph and practice what you are learning. They are here for you, and they need your support to help further their modeling careers. They are all paid out of your tuition and the tips from our Raffles.

From holding these workshops, I have developed a very versatile portable Lighting Kit, which I demonstrate at each workshop. These Lighting Kits make it possible to produce studio quality light easily in any environment and the Kit investment is $1,295 when you attend my workshops. Following are some examples of the light that this kit can produce:

http://davidlloydphot...­

As we look to 2013, I would like to wish each and everyone of you a very Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you at the upcoming Lighting Workshops for 2013.

Thank you for making this Meetup Group so successful.

Sincerely,

David Lloyd, Certified Professional Photographer