addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photography Classes and Workshops - All Levels Message Board › December 3 Meet Up - last social meet up ever?

December 3 Meet Up - last social meet up ever?

Jeffery L.
user 3795604
Group Organizer
Felton, CA
Hello Meet Up friends,

December 3rd, 2008 will be the last Meet up for a while. I'll be having classes, but I don't intend to have social meet ups at the studio any more.

WHY? My lease runs out at the end of the year and I'm looking at some new locations. They may be shared spaces or inappropriate for social meetings. Also, the attendance of the social meet ups has been spotty. It's hard to justify reorganizing the studio or tearing down a set to accomodate a social meeting.

So this Dec 3rd meeting will be the last one for the foreseeable future. Lets make it big. Bring some eats if you want. Also bring some photos on a disc and I'll load them up and project them.

OTHER NEWS:

PHOTOSHOP: Many people have asked me to teach a Photoshop class. I'm not the guy for that, but there is a drop in Photoshop class at Los Gatos Recreation one night a week. You just pay for the single night session and you get tutored by the instructor. I hear that its pretty good. You can find out more about it by visiting the Los Gatos Saratoga Recreation website: www.lgsrecreation.org.

CAMERA DEALS: I see that COSTCO has some holiday deals on digital SLRs - both Canon and Nikon. You should consider Costco because of their liberal return policy.

STUDIO GEAR INFO: I'll be publishing an article soon on building a home studio for $100. I'll send out a draft to meet up members before I finalize it. If you have any tips about making very inexpensive equipment, let me know!

FUTURE CLASSES: We've had enough activity in the workshops to suggest that past students and prospective students may want some specific classes that are not scheduled on the calendar. Please contact me with your ideas. If I'm not qualified to teach them, I'll find an instructor who is.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeff