We are happy to announce that Mark Lindsay of Mark Lindsay Art is returning for another fun and educational evening!
If you recall, for Mark's first presentation, we had a poll where Mark offered several topics our members could choose from. This time around, Mark will be covering the 2nd most voted topic, "Confessions of a Printmaker: How to Maximize Print Quality with Photoshop".
Mark will discuss:
- Ink Gamut: Knowing the limitations of printed color
- Soft-Prooﬁng: How to anticipate print appearance before printing
- Print Options: Photoshop workﬂows for inkjet, digital, and offset lithography
- Sharpening: Advanced sharpening techniques for ﬁne printmaking
- Paper Proﬁles: How to make them, where to get them, how to use them
- Color Management: The best color settings for Photoshop
- Color Correction: Solving basic and tricky color problems
- Special Print Problems: A bag of tricks for a world of problems
- CMYK: The other color space
- Paper: Best selection for outstanding prints
- On Press: Effective press checks
Sponsor: We are pleased to announce that Visual Media Alliance is our generous sponsor for the evening's goodies and food.
Visual Media Alliance (VMA) is a nonprofit trade associations dedicated to providing a variety of benefits and money saving programs to creative, web, marketing and print businesses in Northern and Central California and Northern Nevada. We were formerly known as the Printing Industries of Northern California - PINC. Our purpose is to deliver what it takes to help our members become more successful and profitable in their businesses. To accomplish that goal, we provide personal and professional development programs for both owners and employees. The Alliance brings business services to small and medium media companies as well as individual creatives who are typically underserved in insurance and discounted business services.
They will be raffling off an all-day pass to our VM012 Conference “Unveiled” on April 26 in SF. If you are a marketers, designers, creatives, or visual media buyers, this event is certainly for you.
We'll also have some other VMA goodies....but you'll just have to attend to find out and win!
Looking forward to seeing everyone for our first meeting in 2012!
marie rochelle macaspac | Manager, Photoshop Til You Drop
switchblade creative studios donates 30 hours a week of service to animal non profit groups
also find us at: small club: big adventures for small dog / muttville senior dog rescue/ sharingpet.com