|Sent on:||Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:52 PM|
I apologize most sincerely to the vast majority of you who understand and adhere to the strict refund policy which allows Photography Workshops to offer great workshops based on a very small group size without the price becoming excessive.
However, it seems that some members need reminding that the RSVP process involves checking a box that says you agree to and understand the strict refund policy. A number of members have recently requested refunds after cancelling their attendance at short notice – The full text of the refund policy can be found below and is also permanently displayed under the PAGES section on the Photography Workshops Meetup site. The terms and conditions for each workshop is also clearly displayed when you RSVP.
It’s rather like buying a ticket to the theater or a sporting event – if you cancel or fail to show, you don’t get your money back. Don’t forget that Photography Workshops takes you at your word when you check the box to indicate your agreement to the policy.
Here is the Refund Policy – it is strictly applied:
The number of attendees at photography workshop's meetup events is deliberately kept small in order to ensure a high quality of attention can given to everyone.
Because of this we operate a very strict refund policy as follows:
1. Refunds are always given when a class is cancelled by the organizer
2. When a class is re-scheduled you will be given a full refund if you request it within 48hrs of the re-scheduled notification. If you do not request a refund within 48hrs you will be treated as an attendee for the re-scheduled class and the standard refund policy will apply. No refund or credit will be given if you don't respond within 48hrs.
3 if you cancel or fail to show you will not get a refund or credit towards another class.
4. For certain workshops a cancellation policy that offers a refund if you cancel within a set number of days may be applied. This will be clearly stated in the refund policy you see online when you sign up for the workshop.
5. If you pay by any other means other than via the meetup RSVP system using PayPal, the standard refund policy outlined above applies. For example, if you pre-paid and bought credits for classes, your request to be added to the attendee list for a workshop will incur the Standard refund conditions as those who signed up through the Meetup RSVP system, and any credit dedicated to the workshop may be forfeited if you cancel or fail to show.
6. If you are given credit towards a future class, the act of applying it to a workshop is considered to be the same as paying via PayPal and you will lose it if you cancel or fail to show.
When signing up for a workshop through the Meetup RSVP system you will be required to check a box to indicate that you understand and agree to the refund policy. The refund policy for each workshop can be viewed on the event page by clicking on "refund Policy' which appears directly below the cost of the workshop.