Photography Workshops Message Board › What about a photo critique group session?

What about a photo critique group session?

Michael R.
Arlington, MA
Post #: 4
Hi, Ian. Have you thought about organizing a session sometime in the future, where the attendees bring 4-5 images they've printed, and you (and the group) critique them? this would be a powerful way of getting feedback on your images, and bringing in good concepts in composition, and intent. We might even want to do a recurring event, say once a month, or once every two months....

What say you?
Ian M.
user 11724425
Group Organizer
Weymouth, MA
Post #: 57

I have tried several times to get a critique workshop's off the ground but there seems to be littel interest.
There was a healthy discussion on the message board a few months bacvk in whcih people voiced several ideas. I advertised just such a critique session but there were no takers. I do offer to provide a detailed critique of a single image for the princely sum of $8 (see the upcoming meetups) and that has been available to members for over a year with absolutely no takers. Like most workshops of this nature I would be happy to run it if a group of members got together and made it happen.