Pig user group Message Board › Agenda for Pig Hadoop Summit 2012 Meetup

Agenda for Pig Hadoop Summit 2012 Meetup

Alan G.
user 10754163
Group Organizer
Sunnyvale, CA
Our meetup is coming up fast, and we don't have an agenda yet.  I'd really like feedback on what people would like to get out of this.  I want this to be a community driven event.  I can think of a couple of options.  If you have other suggestions please provide them.  Here's the two I can think of:

1) We do an unconference.  For those who have not participated in one of these, the idea is people bring different things they'd like to talk about and then we get together and decide as a group which topics interest us and which we'd like to discuss.  We could hear updates on features people are working on, discussions of use cases, or people could talk about issues they are seeing or features they feel would be good additions to pig, etc.

2) We could do a hackathon.  We just do one of these last month at Twitter which went very well. We could hack at multiple levels, on our Pig Latin scripts (with many Pig committers there to help), code up a UDF, or hack in Pig itself.  If you've been wanting to get involved in UDF writing or finally fix that little bug that's driving you insane this would be a great place to do it, since you'd have direct access to the rest of the community who could give you a hand.

Other options?  Thoughts?  You can send feedback by posting a comment on the meetup or replying directly to me.  Let's make this our best Pig meetup yet.

Alan.