addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Pitch to Developers Message Board › Let's not waste developer's time

Let's not waste developer's time

A former member
Post #: 53
In order to avoid wasting time, I think the meeting announcement should include answers to at least the following questions for all pitches:

1. Technology: open or a specific technology (I work in Rails. If I had known the makeup of the pitchers at tonight's meeting I would have done something else which would have been much more productive)

2. Funding: are they looking for someone to work for passion, a significant piece of the action, or is there sufficient funding to actually pay for the work to be done.

3. Stage of development: just an idea, prototyped, have initial customers, etc.

Basically I want answers to the questions before I drive to the meeting:

Am I a fit?

How real is this opportunity?

How long a term?
A former member
Post #: 10
I like the idea of having presenters fill out a questionnaire that gets posted pre-meetup. Any other questions we should add?
Yoav L.
user 5980687
Boulder, CO
Post #: 1
Meetups like this take time to find "what they are."

It would be helpful if developers had a way to indicate (1) languages, (2) position desired (founder/first non-cofounder/team member), (3) stage of company desired (idea/MVP/some tractions/funded/scaling).

There probably needs to be more vetting on both sides -- the Simple Energy team came last night not knowing if we'd be too late-stage (we're six people, post-TechStars, funded, with revenue); honestly, we still don't know if developers last night would have wanted to hear from us.