Once a month reservation-only pop-up brunch is officially voted the BEST BRUNCH 2014! Thank you so much to those who voted for a small business with a vision.
The best brunch can be the best deal, too. Special offer $15/ brunch for a year. See ticket link below.
Dish above: hash of cultured organic soy bean-brown rice tempeh with flax and multi-color peppers
This is reservation-only event and guests must pay in advance. Use payment button on http://september13brunch.brownpapertickets.com/ to RSVP. The sooner you buy a ticket, the less you pay.
Enjoy a-whole-new-level vegan brunch items crafted by Chef Mya Zeronis of Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes, using GMO-free, local, organic ingredients and NO refined sugar, gluten, factory-produced, processed, overly-packaged, textured faux meats or vegetable protein isolates (eg. TVP, seitan) and faux cheeses (unless she makes them).
Chef Mya has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine and was recently featured in Wonderaddo blog. She was also praised by Pittsburgh Magazine and Muddy Melissa blog. Her vegan-friendly Around The World Pop-Up Dinner Series scored a chef profile in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and write-up by Pop City.
Juice counter for make-your-own raw fresh juice blends: Green-White & Orange-Yellow. Ingredients, including organic carrots, ginger, Mandarin oranges, pineapples, local organic apples, organic cucumbers, organic limes, organic celery, organic parsley, kiwis and garlic are washed three times using filtered water-baking soda-sea salt solution.
Self-serve brewed organic, fair-trade coffee and tea with homemade organic rolled oat-banana milk and grade B dark organic maple syrup
1) Sprouted organic tofu-cauliflower frittata with nutritional yeast, besan (garbanzo flour), scallions, turmeric, coconut milk
2) Latkes with yams, Weatherbury Farms stone-ground, certified-organic buckwheat, organic chia seeds, unrefined virgin organic coconut oil, organic ginger apple cranberry sauce
3) Cultured organic soy bean-brown rice tempeh hash with organic multi-color peppers, onions and grape seed oil
4) Clarion River Organics patty pan squash stuffed and roasted with homemade sprouted organic tofu-oat chorizo and pine nut parmesan
5) Hickory-smoked jackfruit carnita tacos with tamarind-date-poblano BBQ sauce, cilantro, organic lime, cumin, extra virgin olive oil roasted garlic, refried local organic black beans, quick-pickled red onions in beet juice and Frankferd Farms organic blue corn tortillas
6) Raw local organic zucchini spaghetti with raw cashew ricotta and sundried tomato-basil marinara [this dish just got a raving review in Post-Gazette by a food columnist who is a carnivore!]
7) Organic baby kale, raw organic apple cider-maple vinaigrette, pomegranate, homemade cashew ricotta
8) Clarion River Organics kabocha squash soup in coconut cream
9) Black rice sushi with organic daikon, cucumber, carrot, avocado, horseradish, Non-GMO Project verified low-sodium tamari, homemade amaranth caviar flavored with organic kelp
10) No-bake no-cheese cake with raw cashew-coconut-vanilla-lemon filling, cacao-date-pecan crust and blueberry-maple compote
Up to two children age 7 or younger, accompanied by paying adult, eat free. For each additional child or those 8-14, there is a $10 suggested donation to No Kid Hungry.
See you there!