|Sent on:||Monday, November 18, 2013 9:48 PM|
Well Great News! Between the Meetup Page and the Facebook Page we are up to 1,200+ people!
1. We also have 20 Events on the Calendar!
Here are some of the more interesting ones that caught my eye: Shopping at I Made it Market, to Jazz with Charles Wallace Band, Acoustic sets by Jack McGlaughlin, Cello Forte Concert in January 11th, Prince's Purple Rain Playing at the Hollywood Theatre! Turkey Day Celebration at Claudagh at Southside Works and a Saturday Thanksgiving Celebration! And MORE!
2. REMEMBER ANYONE that is a member can post an event! So give a little bit of warning (about 2 weeks) and then POST SOMETHING! http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Social-Club/
3. We are growing moderately fast but at the same time, meetups don't really start becoming quality until gets over 1,500 meetup members. That's when people finally start convincing each other to go to events and there is a CRITICAL MASS. So as a favor can you tell friends via facebook or e-mail about the Pittsburgh Social Club. It does make a difference.
4. We are also on Facebook and that site is a little bit more active in regards to conversations about events and cool things happening. I happen to make sure events are posted on both pages by the event creators. https://www.facebook.com/groups/145779255626727/
5. If you know anyone that does their own special thing like own a coffeehouse, is a comedian, singer, dancer or just sets up fun events please tell them to join the Pittsburgh Social Club. I built this as a tool for people that DO STUFF to get the WORD OUT! For example we have Slim Forsythe who sings Country Music, Phat Mandee who is Famous Throughout the Burgh with her Antics and Awesomeness, Macabre Noir who does Burlesque and has a Horror Vaudeville Troupe, Jack McGlaughlin that does Acoustic Music Shows, Amethyst Electrobelly who is a Belly Dancer, Terry Jones who is a comedian, Olga Watkins who has her own Band, Josh who Owns the Harmony Opera House called Center for Harmony and a bunch more! THIS IS A WAY TO GET THE WORD OUT for your BETTER EVENTS and to get a couple more PAYING PEOPLE into the seats or a chance to meet some extra cool people.
FYI: Why I created the Pittsburgh Social Club so people that are DO'ers can find awesome cool stuff to DO and when they create their own events a chance to GET THE WORD OUT! And also have some fun! Hope to see YINZ at an event!
Pittsburgh Social Club Big Kahuna!
ps. we do need help getting more members, it's the only way we get a full fun calendar and get people to DO FUN STUFF, so please spread the word about The Pittsburgh Social Club! http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Social-Club/