|From:||Frank (Big K.|
|Sent on:||Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:20 AM|
I have been trying to improve things here and I need your help.
1. I am reducing the amount of emails that go out! BUT (notice my big but!) meetup runs off of email so you will still get a bunch. If you are still uptight about the amount of emails you get, then change your login meetup address to a secondary email address and it will make your life easier. But still please read those emails, there are lots of GREAT EVENTS being Posted!
2. PLEASE JOIN AND TELL OTHERS ABOUT our two Facebook Groups:
(this is what has been helping to make the meetup sites GROW!)
Free and Almost Free in Pittsburgh Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PghFreeNalmostFree/
Pittsburgh Social Club Facebook Group!
3. BIG FAVOR #1: If you RSVP to an event and cannot go! Please change your RSVP!
I am asking this as a favor to the event organizers, because sometimes they have to plan and arrange things based off of how many people rsvp! I've sent out an Email to the Event Organizers and Assistant Organizers for them to TRY to be better at posting WHERE TO MEETUP, CONTACT NUMBERS and making events more like a real meetup where people interact and have FUN!
4. BIG FAVOR #2: Tell FACEBOOK FRIENDS about the MEETUP PAGE (not the Facebook meetup page!). Here are the two meetup pages that I administer (both are good groups) Just copy and paste below into a status, it will help get the word out and keep us growing so we can meet people and do cool fun things!
Pittsburgh Social Club http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Social-Club/ Which is for SOCIAL events and events by local artists, musicians, burlesque, comedians, dancers etc etc. to help boost signal while keeping it REAL and have FUN!
Free and Almost Free in Pittsburgh http://www.meetup.com/pittsburgh-free/ Which is an informative page that occasionally has social events. The events posted there cost $5 to ZERO dollars! We are trying to make this page more SOCIAL and Meetup-like but it will take time! Also a bunch of our organizers work for awesome organizations that have free events like Carnegie Museums and Librarys, CMU special events, Pittsburgh Zoo, L. L. Bean where the events posted are meant to be informative because they don't have the staff to keep up with all us crazy meetup people.
5. YOU CAN POST YOUR OWN EVENTS TO BOTH SITES!
All you have to do is in the Middle of the page of both groups is click on "+SCHEDULE A NEW MEETUP" OR "+SUGGEST A NEW MEETUP" and then create the event! Try to make them SOCIAL EVENTS and before you do this please read the "About us..." on Left hand side of page for the rules and the culture of the GROUP!
FYI: All Free and Almost Free events can be posted on Pittsburgh Social Club as long as they are social and have contact info, where to meet up at and I repeat... be a SOCIAL EVENT!
All Pittsburgh Social Club events that are Cheap ($5 or less... even free!) can be posted to Free and Almost Free in Pittsburgh! If they cost more than $5 DON'T POST IT! One Caveat: if the event is free like socialize at a happy hour or watch a cheap movie where there is food n drink that can be bought. The decision of buying the food n drink is on the member, they don't have to buy the food n drink. The reason why I made this change was that it was preventing cool SOCIAL events from being posted on FREE and ALMOST FREE and we are trying to make things more fun and enjoyable for others without being too uptight and rules bound.
So in conclusion: You can post your own events! Tell facebook friends about the meetup pages! Join the Facebook meetup pages! I am trying to make the sites more social but both the members (RSVP accurately!) and the event organizers (put in contact info, where to meet etc etc) need to work together and LASTLY: I am reducing the amount of email being sent out but meetups work off of email so please read them!